Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone succesfully taken a mustang completely apart and gotten it all back together in working order. I'm getting that "WHAT HAVE I DONE!?" feeling again and I just don't see this thing coming together too soon. I need some reasurrance.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
yes/thousands of people have//im like u/ive got a 65 fstbck project//i just seems come to a standstill for some reason//its like im making no progress/i know i am but u cant see it yet//when u start seeing it things get better/i was on vacation all this past wek and never touched it///good luck//gary in va.

neverending

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Hang in there.There are too many people out there who have done it,so many books that tell you how to do it.And somebody that can always fix it for you if you get to a sticking point.Dont dispair.The sun will come up tomorrow,and after a good night sleep you will have the renued fire to have the vision again when you first got the car.For myself it started out with a 65 fastback and a bunch of coffee cans full of crap. Get back to your dream and away from the computer. Matt Ponderosa Mustang

·
Registered
660 Posts
Relax...it takes years and a few dollars to "put it back together". I was prepared going into my 70 Mach1 project for the effort,time,and money. What i wasn't ready for,and what no prior restorer ever told me ,was the first time your cars apart and a spectacular autumn day arrives and you can't take your car out for a long drive in the sun. Man does that hurt. However, eventually it all comes together and then you get to complain about how dusty the car gets in the garage. Good Luck

·
Registered
923 Posts
BOY DO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try to hang in there. My son got a 65 fastback last July.
we haven't driven it since we got it. The car is completely apart. And I'm a bit of a perfectionist. As a Airline Pilot my passengers don't seem to mind!!! But were making progress. Were actually putting things on the car instead of taking them off. I've finally realized that the light at the end of the tunnel is actually a light and not a train!! You'll get through it. buy the Osbourne Manuals. I can't tell you how many times I've refereed to them. And when I don't, I usually make a mistake.
2 weeks ago I was taking 2 steps backwards for every one forward. Now were doing fine. Tomorrow is another day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

My son got me into this and I'm having a ball
65 fastback, 289, 3 speed, Holly 1850, Edelbrock intake. SSB front disks in a box, Canadian Mustang "real big kit" suspension in alot of boxes,
Right now lots of boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts