Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, heres the deal. Car ran fine. Installed radio, guages, etc. The PO has totally screwed this wiring harness. I have a wire running into the firewall from the + side of the coil. Some how this has come un hooked, so I figure its the reason the car wont fire, since there isnt 6 or 8 volts at the + side of the coil. What should this wire be connected to? I can't find it anywhere. I must have knocked it lose when installed ther rest of the interior. Please help. This is on a 68'......

G

·
0 Posts
Since it's connected to the coil it may be for the tach (if you have one). I've read posts here that sometimes the car won't start if the tach isn't hooked up.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added my tach. It go's to the negitive side of the coil. This is on the positive side. Im pretty sure the coil gets its voltage from this wire, so without it, there is no spark. I just don't know where to put the wire to make it get the voltage it needs.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have almost every diagram possible. Its just, the idiot PO wired it himself, and I don't have the 400 bucks right now to buy a new wiring harness........

G

·
0 Posts
it runs off the eng switch not shure what one I look on my car but I cant get under my dash right now my bike in the way

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
The wire that goes to the +coil is a red wire with a green stripe. red/green all the way back to the firewall connector.

Under the dash, there is a rather large pink wire, this is a resistor wire that connects at the firewall to the red/green wire under the hood that goes to the coil+.

Follow the pink wire back, it connects to a red/green wire located on the back of the switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts