Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colors just don't match the 65 or the 66 wiring diagrams!! I have all gauges working but Im worried about the ignition circut. I pulled the switch down to have a better look. I think it is an aftermarket as well. The diagrams have posts marked c,s,a,and b. The back of my switch has the posts marked ign,acc,batt and the center post is not marked. I also verified that there is no "pink resistor" wire or at least its not pink! The wire that is to be where the pink wire is bright orange. I will take all the help I can get. I am looking only at the ignition circuit! I have the gauges working, and all the lights interior and exterior are working. Thanks as always. As soon as my VMFers help me on this, I will be ready to fire this baby up for the first time!!!!!!!!!

Sanford

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Chances are you have reproduction and replacement parts mixed in there. "B" is the battery side of the switch (input power), "A" is accessory (central post) and provides power to accessories but not coil. "C" is the coil wire. "S" is the starter solenoid wire (energizes the solenoid). "A" is hot when the key is in either "ACC" or "ON" positions. "C" is hot only in the "ON" position. "S" is only hot in the "START" position.

"C" is wired to the resistor wire or ballast resistor (whichever you use). Factory cars use a resistor wire that's pink in color. This is nichrome wire with about 1 to 1.2 ohms resistance. The aftermarket wire color can be any color...as long as it has 1 to 1.2 ohms resistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts