Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are at the point in our install where we are terminating the wires and are not sure how to proceed with the following scenario. On the rear harness are working to wire the quarter panel courtesy lights in our 67 fastback. The instructions (image attached) call for us to splice the wire at the green highlighted area. The male bullet (K) isn't large enough to receive 2 wires (as far as we can tell). Has anyone else installed this kit and how did you address this? Looks like we will have the same issue for the license plate light at the bottom of the diagram. I assume I could just connect the 2 wires together and attach a single jumper to connect to the bullet but I was trying to keep this as clean as possible and there doesn't appear to be any ends in the kit to address this. Part (L) is listed as a rubber sleeve and not a heat shrink tube.

Tried to call them but haven't been able to reach anyone the past few days.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
1967 Coupe
89 Posts
I just completed this section in my 67 coupe. The terminal G for the plate light will accept 2 wires, cut the brown wire and slide both in. On my ride it was the female that got crimped here.
I have a dome light so I only crimped 1 light blue wire. I do not like the bullet crimps supplied in this kit and will most likely redo them with a better bullet crimp See this thread for a few thoughts on the proper bullet size etc

·
Premium Member
1967 Coupe
89 Posts
Maybe overkill but I like the idea of protecting the wires. Chose split braided wire loom. 1” on the main bundle maybe 5’, 3/4” about 8’, 3/8” used almost 10’ and 1/2” as well. I ordered from mcmaster-Carr
Tesa fleece tape 51608 for interior and
Tesa 52016 High temp tape for use in engine compartment. Ordered from amazon
I mounted the fuse box high to keep the wire bundle away from peddle linkage.
6E672872-8E27-4E29-BFF1-59424F0970D3.jpeg

·
Registered
37,701 Posts
We are at the point in our install where we are terminating the wires and are not sure how to proceed with the following scenario. On the rear harness are working to wire the quarter panel courtesy lights in our 67 fastback. The instructions (image attached) call for us to splice the wire at the green highlighted area. The male bullet (K) isn't large enough to receive 2 wires (as far as we can tell). Has anyone else installed this kit and how did you address this? Looks like we will have the same issue for the license plate light at the bottom of the diagram. I assume I could just connect the 2 wires together and attach a single jumper to connect to the bullet but I was trying to keep this as clean as possible and there doesn't appear to be any ends in the kit to address this. Part (L) is listed as a rubber sleeve and not a heat shrink tube.

Tried to call them but haven't been able to reach anyone the past few days.

Thanks for your help! View attachment 755183
Run to NAPA and get a bullet connector for a larger gauge that will accept both wires?

·
Premium Member
1967 Coupe
89 Posts
I just finished the AAW install. I connected the battery to see what I wired wrong.......no tail lights. Doing some troubleshooting revealed that the tail light sockets supplied with the AAW kit are........less then A+ quality. The spring in the socks does not have enough tension to force the wires to contact the bulb. I put an o-ring at the bottom of the socket to decrease the distance the spring had to travel and this did the trick. Tail lights, turns, flashers, brake, all good. Will probably replace these sockets in a few weeks when I can source some quality replacements but at least I know the wiring is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts