Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the big plug (8 connections) out of the fire wall above the parking brake? Also, where can I get a GREAT, labeled/good quality underdash harness for a good price? If saying the name of the place will be censored, email me at [email protected] PLEASE!!!! THANKS!
::

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
It just unplugs.

Labelled? I don't think you will find any underdash harness like that. I think you will need to use Ford's electrical diagrams. They come up frequently on eHay and usually sell for under $100.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it unplugs on the outside (Engine comp.) but not on the inside (Under the dash). If it is supposed to, then there's something holding it in there...

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Your bio says you have an "innie" and blue eyes but no info about your car.

Assuming it's a 65-66, there are two small metal clips on the engine side of the connector, usually hidden by sound deadener or paint. Push these clips back and the connector can be pushed into the passenger compartment of the car.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, thank you Art... I will check that out. Yes, it's a 65'

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
There's no such thing as a good price on a great underdash harness ;) You can get a great price, or you can get a good harness, but the 2 are mutually exclusive.

For the wiring diagrams, I don't think you can beat the ProProducts diagrams sold at any Mustang shop for about $10. They will show diagrams of every wire in the car, along with pictures of how they are routed. They are re-prints of the original Ford documentation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts