Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law bought a wiring kit for his 65 200 cid mustang.It is similar to a painless wiring kit but this kit cost a lot cheaper. Now he has asked me if I could wire up his mustang for him.Now my question to you guys is ,Is there a link or a wirng schematic online that you guys know of that might be able to help me some more. By the way the wires on the kit are label already but this is my first time doing this to a mustang.I am doing him a favor because he is going to school and working full time and I am getting tired of seeing the mustang that I painted for him for free just there and not move .

·
Registered
838 Posts
check with Midlif66, had a wiring schematic listed a while back I may still have it if needed.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
check with Midlif66, had a wiring schematic listed a while back I may still have it if needed.
It is just a copy from Chilton's or Haynes. I'd recommend getting the Osborne Electrical Assembly Manual for your year and work from that.

http://midlife66.com/wiring/wiring.html will get you my copy of the Chilton's.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Keep in mind Frank... These cars are pretty basic,as wiring goes. If everythings marked..should be a breeze...

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is a book out there called something like "wiring your hot rod". This will give you alot of help with this project. Since you are using a generic aftermarket harness, the factory schematic won't be of too much use to you other than to see how the connectors go to the factory switches. As was said above, these cars are pretty basic. The lights will be easy. The ignition and charging system will be a little bit of a challenge but should go smooth if you lay things out in advance.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts