Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Frank65 said:
Second set of epidurals in about an hour. Hope they work better than the first ones did.
Sorry. I guess I missed something. Did Frank throw out his back or is he preggers???

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,007 Posts
blu67 said:
Frank65 said:
Second set of epidurals in about an hour. Hope they work better than the first ones did.
Sorry. I guess I missed something. Did Frank throw out his back or is he preggers???
Ummmmm, my vote is the first..... :p

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jfstang said:
blu67 said:
Frank65 said:
Ummmmm, my vote is the first..... :p

Heck - at least if I was pregnant that would explain the back pain.

Going on a month now. I have had 3 herniated discs that I have lived with off and on for about 30 years. Now I have a 4th disc to add to the problem.

I had a second set of epidural cortisone shots this afternoon and I'm not sure yet what the results are.

My leg is just throbbing but on the other hand, I am at least feeling something which is an improvement over not feeling my leg at all.

Gotta give it a few days to see how I feel. Hopefully it'll ease up and I won't have to go the surgery route.

Thanks for the support guys.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm there with you Frank. I have spondilysis (sp?) and have pain in my legs and tightness in my back. Nothing can be done outside of surgery that, as has been discussed here before, works for some and not for others. My Dr. said it wouldn't be wise right now. I still have to get some PT to see if it will help but I'm looking at trying some acupuncture to see if it will help.

On a side note, my friends wife just herniated a disk at work (she's a labor and delivery nurse) and the pain she described is incredible. I feel for ya' buddy. I hope all gets better and you're behind the wheel of your car soon.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
Frank,

Those cortisone shots suck. I have had pretty bad back pain ever since I wrecked my Sportster in '93. I tried everything, shots included. I don't have any herniated disks but I have some pretty messed up vertebrae. The only thing that has helped me is going to the chiropractor.

I'm not sure if that would work for bad discs but it sure helped me.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Just wanted to add my best wishes and good luck. In order to avoid surgery, I was getting the shots between C5, C6 and C7 for bone spurs on them aggravating the median nerves in both arms. Hope you have better luck than me, mine only offered temporary relief. :(

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today I feel like a new man. Vast majority of the pain is gone. I can stand, bend, walk with only an occasional twinge of pain shooting down my leg.

Doc says it can take a few days for the full effect of the drugs to kick in so maybe this is it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Just don't go and overdo it cause you feel good right now (although I'm sure you know this from previous experience).

Good luck with everything. Hope this "was" it for you! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts