Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the day of all day's for me to try and break the curse that has been over my head for exactly one year! Yes....The dreaded day I forgot the wife's birthday. For those that don't remember, you can check it out HERE

For those who think this is no big deal, all I can say is.... YOUR NOT MARRIED!!
DON'T EVER FORGET SWMBO'S B-DAY! YOU WILL PAY FOR IT 3X's OVER,
AND THAT'S IF YOUR LUCKY....TRUST ME ON THIS!!!!

The kids and I have been finishing up shopping for her this morning, and plan on taking her out to her favorite restaurant for a late lunch when she get's home from work at 2:30pm. Then Friday evening, since she won't have to work the next day, we will round off her birthday with a fun night out on the town, while the kids stay at grandmas.

Wish me Luck! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

BTW, thanks for all of the reminders, I didn't have a chance of forgetting with all of you! *G*

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Wow I remember that post, has it been a year already? time files...
Good luck this year, It looks like you have things covered.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hey wadda you know, it's mine today also. I've kind of been there before. One year SWMBO told me NOT to get her anything, well being a guy, I didn't, not even a card. Man did I pay for that and I WILL NEVER to that again.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang GT Convertible
581 Posts
Whizco,

Man, reading that post from last years brings tears to my eyes. I can feel your pain. Remember though, last years screw up will take about three years to correct (+- a few years). Have a great time.

G

·
What a coincidence... my husband's b-day is today too.

I forgot to wish him happy birthday this morning - oops! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif He had to remind me before I jumped in the car and headed for work. Good thing men don't get as riled up as women do about those things. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Heh, heh.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yea, if you remember I forgot SWMBO's b-day earlier this month. Even though I tried to make up for it. Breakfast in bed, Dinner for 2 (no kids), presents, and a party. She is still shopping for that extra gift, and reminding me every time she wants something.

Lessons learned the hard way.

G

·
My goodness that was so funny to read!!! Even tho you never admitted it out right I knew you forgot and the way you kept saying my present was "on it's way" you were so full of it your eyes were turning brown!

I must say that the sexy undies for me or him would not have gotten him out of hot water. I'm more the western boots and wrangler jeans kinda girl so new boots would have helped. Or some jewelery would have been a nice touch as I am fond of gold and diamond rings but he did manage to save some face by getting me several pieces of the carnival glass that I love and collect.

I did get my revenge tho with the help of those of you here who were willing to participate in Whizcos birthday bashing for his 40th back at the end of April, thanks again guys!!!

Whizco and the kids took me out for an early dinner and he did tell me that he was planning on dinner and a movie and shooting some pool this weekend so he's not doing to bad so far this year. Oh, and a gift certificate with a few zeros on the end didn't hurt either! I much prefer to do my own shopping most of the time anyway.

What are you willing to bet he never forgets my birthday again??? LOL!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
What a fun read all of this has been. Whiz missing your bday last year was a huge blooper. SWMBO and I both read it and she was so wanting you to get some payback. When you did his birthday this year, she laughed so hard I thought she would bust. I am glad he made up for it a bit this year. I imagine he will continue to "pay" for his big mistake for years to come. lol
Happy Birthday!

·
4,136 Posts
Glad that I could help with:
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

BTW, thanks for all of the reminders, I didn't have a chance of forgetting with all of you! *G*

<hr></blockquote>
Big *G* of my own fd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts