Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got downsized last November and after a brief review of options (OK, I screwed off until Januarty 2nd!) decided not to go back into corp. world directly. Rather I would consult again which I did before taking the last job with a Fortune 500 that has been in the news all too often the last 2 years.

I put together a business plan that is much more risk/reward aggressive than when I was a sole practitioner before. I've brought on an attorney as a partial owner and will soon be hiring employees.

As I type I'm waiting for the (hopefully) final contract draft with our first client.

My SWMBO (wife) is very security conscious so when I first decided to pursue this I made her a bet. If I didn't do X in billings by year-end 2001, I would sell the stang! If I hit or exceeded the number, I would spend $5,000 on engine.

The contract I'm waiting on should generate at least 3 times that much by y/e! It is based on measurable results from fraud detection and after we went over the clients situation, they were convinced that they had big problems and wanted to do two things 1) extend the initial term from 3 months to a year and 2) if the fees from their savings exceed 5 times the number I originally targeted with SWMBO, they can pay me over a 3 year period!

I'll let you know later how this plays out. Wish me luck.

Doug-"Whether you think you can or think you cannot.....you're right!!" INDY-USA. GT/CS w/289-2v,PDB,A/C,PS,candyapple red,black top and interior,pertronix,chromeSS Wheels w/ GT centers, 215x14 BFG radial T/A's 3.55:1 open and KYB's

G

·
0 Posts
as someone said before, you got some BIG brass balls man. Good luck and kick some butt. $5000 towards engine work will give you one mean puppy.
surveyboy

http://www.csupomona.edu/~sdmiller1/mustang/carsmall.jpg

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
No guts, no glory. Go for it!

http://home.mindspring.com/~thedaughertys/_uimages/M1.jpg
[color:blue]Now 293 ci (.030" bore) with Holley 450 and 295,000 miles</font color=blue>
[color:red]MCA #49294</font color=red>

G

·
0 Posts
Argh! why do wifes/gf's/or Significantothers dislike our stangs?

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts