Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 5:00 AM, talking to work, saying I won't be in since my back is KILLING me (courtesy of Uncle Sam helicopter crash 25 years ago, and a few hard parachute landings thrown in for good measure) when I realize I am in the hospital :eek: with many faces peering at me. That's right, I passed out while talking on the phone, got 911'd out of the house (fortunately SWMBO is a surgical nurse and had me prepped for transport by the time the ambulance arrived). So tonight I am home, apparently nothing broken or popped, just pinched the nerves, narc'd up, but able to sprint at 2 MPH now (look like the old man Tim Conway played) but how am I EVER going to catch up on all the postings here :: , since I can't sit for more than 5 minutes at a time. :( I SO MUCH need to keep working out! Hard High mileage (US Army Rangers ARRRRRGGHHHHH) feeling it now on 47 year old body :(

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Get a higher computer table?

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Good to hear your o.k. Take it easy and have your wife read all of the VMF post to you.... Well, maybe not!

My co-worker was a Ranger. Man some of the stories he tells me, especially about Nam, whew! ::

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Borrow a friends notebook computer and read the VMF while laying down!

Hope you recover soon!

John Harvey

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Hey, take it easy now, we'll try not to post too much. ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now though! Just out of curiosity, and if you dont mind me asking, was the helo crash a training accident here in the states?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
they have programs that will read stuff to you(shareware but maybe there is some freeware) Most computers have a TV out so you can connect it to the nearest tv (my computer is in my room on the same table as the tv so I'm pretty lucky) and have the program read your stuff because it's pretty hard to read small text on a tv.

·
Registered
938 Posts
It's going to happen..those old hits comming back to get you.. The plastic parts they put in my head after a mine explosion are giving out now. Not lookig forward to the new replacements..

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Bob, Glad your basically ok, Heck I never could find a good reason to jump out of perfectly good helicopter or plane for that matter. Thanks for your service all those years ago.

I must say Iam a year behind you and can feel your pain and bad news is it gets worse every year.

Mark

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
wireless mouse and keyboard from logitech work great! Then a video card with TV output. Make your fonts really big.

Get well soon!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
WOW! Glad to hear you are OK. (relative, I know...but glad your wife was home while it happened!). Take care, and don't even TRY to catch-up...just take it from here! Get better soon!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Hope you get better Bob! I passed out while driving myself to the hospital back in 90. I had gotten to where I could not walk anymore and had excrusiating pain in the back and down the leg. Being he-man I kept on until it got so bad, I actually crawled out to my car (I work by myself in a water filtration facility until the next operator arrives) after shutting down the plant and started toward the hospital. I could not even tell them my name at the hospital, brain does weird things when under tremendous agony. I was going about 70 when I passed out and came back too when I ran off the edge of the road. Started praying and made it somehow. One back operation later (had a fragment broke off on the inside of the disc and had to remove disc to get at it), I was a new person but have to be careful. Take care and get better :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts