Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been dating this girl her name is Lori. I met her at party about a month ago and we hit it off. So you know it was cool she lived on her own, made her own money, drove a car, and had a career. Well it was going great until tonight, I never saw it coming. She said that when we kissed she didn't feel ANYTHING!!!!!! That blew my mind and I asked her why she didn't tell me earlier and she said so she wouldn't hurt me. Then I said I have been honest with her from the beginning. I thought that we had made something going therebut I guess not.

Why do women play these stupid games???? They just confuse me. I never had a problem like this before, I hate just being led on. Yeah this girl was different from any other girl I have dated before. Oh well back to drawing board!!!

David

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
At least it was only a month, and not 5 years... I feel for you bro.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I know I will never understand them... ::

At least it was only a month, and not 5 years... I feel for you bro.
I know what you mean! - My only way to deal with a the dissolution of a 5 year relationship was using the engagement ring money to buy a third car! :) :p

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
My only way to deal with a the dissolution of a 5 year relationship was using the engagement ring money to buy a third car!
I wish my "dissolution" was final. I could take back the $1,600 ring I gave to her on our 3rd anniversary to do some work to the Mustang. Instead, I'm left hanging on until she's ready for her "space" to be over.

Bah.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I know what you mean! - My only way to deal with a the dissolution of a 5 year relationship was using the engagement ring money to buy a third car! :) :p
Oh, like that was the reason you bought it! You would have found a way regardless, Britton! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I wish my "dissolution" was final. I could take back the $1,600 ring I gave to her on our 3rd anniversary to do some work to the Mustang. Instead, I'm left hanging on until she's ready for her "space" to be over.
Nobody's leaving you hanging but you. If this was a gift, you're out $1600. If this was an engagement ring, tell her if she needs space so badly, to give you back this ring.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I still feel your pain, I went through about a 2 month period before it was "final." Yes, it was the same - "I need some space and some time to think and figure out what I want.."

Steve, I suppose you know me all too well. But I look at the bright side, I didn't have to justify the purchase of another car to anyone but myself! ;)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Nobody's leaving you hanging but you
Oh, I'm not stopping anything. However, the break wasn't clean... She left the lingering, "This is for the better... For our relationship. Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to do this."

That's what I mean. It isn't like she said, "I hate you, I never want to see you again." That is final...

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
However, the break wasn't clean... She left the lingering, "This is for the better... For our relationship. Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to do this."

That's what I mean. It isn't like she said, "I hate you, I never want to see you again." That is final...
I'll be blunt 'cause I'm in a fighting mood tonight.

No one ever spends five years with someone and then decides to be sure by checking out the competition. Ever. If you feel that this wasn't a clean break, then make the break clean yourself.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
No one ever spends five years with someone and then decides to be sure by checking out the competition. Ever. If you feel that this wasn't a clean break, then make the break clean yourself.
You're not understanding the problem with Jamian. It's not about checking out the competition, as a atter of fact, it has nothing to do with other guys. It has to do with HERSELF.

When I met her, she was VERRRY shy, and I brought her out, and taught her that she can actually be OK by herself and she is capable by herself.

SHe's finally grasped this fully, and I am not atoning for it, in a way.

It has NOTHING to do with guys, I'll re-iterate.

And remember, from 16 years old to 21 years old, there are a LOT of changes. Neither Jamian, nor myself, are the same person that we were 5 years ago. To think that would be to make a grave error in judgment.

Consider your fighting mood to be inefficient at best - You're not understanding the entire argument that you're fighting about. ;)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
My instinct is that the majority of the principals heard here so far are young folks, likely under 25.

Newsflash....we've all been through it. It sucks; life goes on.

My wife was married to someone who didn't have the guts to tell her he didn't love her for over 8 years of her prime childbearing time. At least your lust/love interest didn't leave you hanging. Good for her.

Lots of fish....bait the hook and toss it back in...*G*

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Lots of fish....bait the hook and toss it back in...
Therein lies the difficulty. After 5 years, where does one go to "toss the bait" back in? ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Therein lies the difficulty. After 5 years, where does one go to "toss the bait" back in? ::
One doesn't if one thinks they are "hanging".

One also doesn't go out of their way to "look" for the right person. It's not like buying a car. If you live life like you want to live it, the right person will be found. It's a Zen sort of thing.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
One doesn't if one thinks they are "hanging".

One also doesn't go out of their way to "look" for the right person. It's not like buying a car. If you live life like you want to live it, the right person will be found. It's a Zen sort of thing.
Boy, you sure ARE cruising aren't you? LOL!

For the first part of your message -

I'm going through a difficult time. See, I understand WHY she needs to do have this space and this time. She DID say that I was "free to meet and see other people" but she added the clause, "If I feel it necessary." So, in any given circumstance, I could still be damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

However, I am most definitely considering dating and I am most assuredly meeting new people. Some of them may happen to be females, but hell, I am young. I love Jamian, and that will never change. But as I've talked to a LOT of people in the past couple days, I've come to realize that, no matter what happens, both of our lives will have been changed for the better.

For the second part -

This I agree with. But let's put it this way: If I stayed at home every Friday and Saturday night playing a video game or watching TV, it's a pretty safe bet to take that I'll never meet that "right" person.

Zen or not, you STILL need to have some modicum of a social life to meet ANYBODY. That's part of the definition of "social" you know.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
You're in college, UC Davis if I am correct? Once school resumes in the fall you should have no problem meeting women. What about friends introducing you to their friends...?

If all else fails, throw a huge party and invite every hot girl you see!! Your bound to meet one you like!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Your in college, UC Davis if I am correct? Once school resumes in the fall you should have no problem meeting women. What about friends introducing you to their friends...?
Yeah, school resumes on Septemer 26th. That is 7 weeks. 49 days. 1,176 hours. 70,560 minutes. 4,230,600 seconds.

That's a long time to sit around waiting.

All but two my friends are home for the summer. The two that aren't? One is INSANELY busy with working two full-time jobs, and the other is not exactly the outgoing, extravert that meets girls easily.

The party idea has crossed my mind but once again, I need to find girls. I have considered "fishing" on campus during summer school... But that seems, to me, to be an act of desperation.

G

·
Gee David that's too bad. But better now then later. Just remember our dinner at the restaurant at the beach after Knotts. Yeah you remember how many good looking women there are out there. So there are more. The last month with her was fun wasn't it? So remember it and go at it again. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I plan to try it again this weekend and I will probably fall for it again but it's the trails and tribulations of dating. Well I got out of a very serious relationship about 6 months ago and now I am just dating again, you know I think now she was the rebound girl. Hey at least I had fun for a month. Well tomorrow gonna wash the car and go crusin for chicks. Hey if anyone wants to join me in making a fool of myself let me know.

David

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I'm up for some Mustang cruising on Saturday! Where is Lakewood in relation to Davis? =) I have to work tomorrow unfortunately. Actually, that's a good thing, since it takes my mind off other troubles. Having to be happy to people is a type of catharsis.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know I am in Southren Califronia, if I was near by, it would be cool to hang out. Hey are you going to the Meet in the Middle cruise? I am planning on going and maybe Mike (KBWMRS) can give us the right direction to where they are at. He had an eye for doing that very well when he was down here at Knotts.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts