Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted much since Jan. I was in Oklahoma for a Field Artillery Officers school. I got home the first part of June, then the middle of July I received notice that my unit has been activated to go to Iraq. I will monitor the VMF over the next 18 mo, but not sure if ill post. Ill be spending 5 mo in FT Bliss Tx for some training, then in feb/march, off to Iraq.
This has been a real hard year on my family. only get to see my wife and kids for 2 mo. My Girls are 9 and 12 and I will be missing alot of their growing up over the next 18 mo.
I dont contribute much to the form, but just thought Id let you know that another one of your own (VMF'er) is going over to "do the do". So much for 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year. I honestly have no complaints about the Army National Guard, it hasn't been the one weekend a month thing for a long time, that is only for privates.
Well, enough of my rambling, I'm going on active duty on monday the 16th, and leaving for Texas on the 19th.
Ill post if I get the opportunity and keep you informed, and maybe send some pics.

Ray Hill

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Ray,
May the next 18 months fly by in turbo drive so you can be home with the family. Keep us periodically in touch and watch your backside. Better yet I'll be happy to send you some laced cookies so you can get food poisioning or whatever that will allow you to come home sooner. Always willing to help.

Craig
Menlo Park, CA

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Good luck to you and your family and Godspeed! And hurry back so you can continue on with your restoration.

Thank you for your service to our country!!! [salute]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Fort Sill is THE finest artillery school. As a former 13E, some of my fondest memories are from Ft Sill. :eek: The sound and smell of #8white bag blasting out the front end of an 8 inch is enough to bring shivers up my spine and goose bumps on my arms. Stay out of harms way, and give em a couple of FFE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts