Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a Granada setup for a reasonable amount of money. I got it from a junk yard near my GF, in Davis. They had a bunch (that is what he told me), and I asked how much for the spindle and brake setup, he said $50, and I had to pull it. I said ok and went scouring around the yard to only find one Granada, but one is all I need. I went back and got my tools and went to work. An hour later I had my brakes! I wrote him a check and tried to keep my giddiness under control as I carried it all to my car.

I am so happy I finally found one for a great price. I love the thrill of the hunt at the junkyards, it is just so much fun finding stuff that you can use for a great price. I will need to replace the calipers and the brake lines, but the rotors are smooth and meaty and the bearings are ok too. I am so happy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I found mine for $100 at a junk yard in Willits, CA. He pulled them for me. I sure could not find anything in the SF Bay Area for that price. It does not seem like you need to go to far away though to find good stuff!
TedFB

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
tried to keep my giddiness under control as I carried it all to my car.
--------------------
Don't ya just ;love that feeling?!?!?!?!

I once walked away from a wrecking yard with an 8 inch rear end
with posi for the 65 stang...only payed $80 for it too....

talk about giddy...!!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
That's a good deal, especially for CA /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Good deal Dave! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Let us know how the swap goes. I sure like the looks of mine behind those slotted mags. One of these days I'll enjoy the stopping power they will provide!

·
Registered
645 Posts
To make you feel even better, I wanted to mention that I got ripped and had to pay like 120 for all my granada stuff at the yunkyard... and I pulled it all, too.

$50 bucks and useable rotors, I would have not been able to control the ear to ear grin if I were you!

Man, they are beautiful on the road, too.... you will love them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts