Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started cleaning and detailing the rear undercarriage on my coupe tonight after work. The third member needed the most cleaning so I started there. While trying to remove some discoloration I accidentally took off some of the red oxide paint; however, it was a lucky accident. Underneath the part that came off I found an original factory mark that had been covered up when my friends painted the third member back in 1998. I hadn't been watching it at the time because I was busy cleaning the brake lines and so I didn't know about the mark. It appears to be a yellow Markal daub as it feels waxy, but I imagine it's paint. Now I just have to touch up the red paint around it.

The car looks pretty good underneath, much better than I thought it would. I didn't find any surface rust from going to Florida, which really surprised me. I mainly have to work on the fuel sending unit and a couple of minor things.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Must feel good to be heading for the nationals, eh, Laurie? Sounds like Murphy is almost ready. I wish you the best of luck on the trip, and I hope you return with a trophy!

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes, I'm looking forward to the trip. It should be a big show this year at Charlotte and I'll be traveling with six friends and three other Mustangs. We have a lot of fun side trips planned as part of our journey. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You bet! I had a close call the other day, but turned out the cop was after the guy who was speeding up behind me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm usually okay on a trip because my friends keep me in the "rocking chair" in our convoy for safety. I just don't know if it's for my safety, or the general public's. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Take a picure of the mark and post it please! The rear is on my schedule for this fall for Dia.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Rocking chair? You mean like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be glad to, I'll probably have it posted this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts