Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I live in New Rochelle, New York, and have just bought a 67 Fastback. The car is in nice condition, but can anyone recommend a good garage/mechanic in the vicinity that can service and do the usual repairs when necessary?
I am also looking for a place that can refurbish the interior at a later date.
Any help would be much appreciated, I'm pretty new to all of this!
Thanks ......

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I used to own a shop on echo ave,New Rochelle. I had an employee who now has a shop in larchmont, he learned much of his trade from me & went on from there, you can count on him to do what you need on that car, with care, pride & without beating you over the head on costs. his name is chris zilli, phone # 914-714-3555.
he loves old cars & will do right by you no doubt.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Here is another suggestion for a mechanic: contact Peter at Soundview Service Center
600 W Boston Post Rd
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
914-698-6888

Soundview Service Center - expert auto repair - Mamaroneck, NY 10543

They know their way around original detroit classic cars, Peter is from New Rochelle and he's been recommended to me by my buddy who went to school with him. I've had work down on my Explorer there when I lived down in New Ro but I've moved up north and do most of my own repairs/etc. Tell him Vic sent you (if he remembers me or mention that I'm a friend of Kenny's). Maybe he'll give you a break or maybe he'll break your... because you know us! lol either way he'll do a good job on whatever your bring in!

As far as an upholstery shop I know of a place in Tuckahoe:

Automotive Upholstery & Covertible Top Co. 170 Marbledale Rd 914-961-4242 (pricey if I remember correctly and that was a few years ago so I'm figuring their even more now but they do alot of high end cars being Westchester...but they may be able to point you in another direction if they know of anyone that specializes in Mustangs).

Good luck w/ that '67
From a guy who grew up in New Ro...among many other places! Car guys get around!
Yukon 'Vic'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts