Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, this weekend at McCormick Place East.
I did not enter. But, I always go. I'll be around Saturday morning as the show opens at 10:00 AM.
Anyone else??

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sort of an off-year for Mustangs. Here is what I saw:
*a 65 Mustang fastback, red, with Shelby stripes.
*a yellow 69 fastback, modified whith a lot of chrome.
*a 68 Mustang with all the Shelby stuff, including a fake stamped vin plate. It was there last year, blower coming out of the hood.
*a nice 68 coupe, light medium blue. was the class winner at the Milwaukee WoW according to the plaque.
*a 67 gt 500e, yep, good ol' Eleanor car.
*a 67 Mustang, that might have been a dynacorn body, full custom, had all the 67 Shelby stuff on it, and also a full frame.

And 2 Cobras. I've seen the 289 model, it's real, an early built car. the fellow who owns it lives in Frankfort.

There was a nice display of 50's GM cars under a "Motorama" display area right up front.

Seemed to be a light year for Mopar iron too, but I liked the 67 Cuda S model with the 383, rare.
And there was an AMC Rebel "Machine". all red white and blue. I like those.

Mark Giangrecco's (yes the ABC 7 sports guy) 57 T-bird that is under construction
2-3 nice 55-56 Full sized Fords.

Some fellow there had a for sale sign on his not so good white 69/70 Cougar. It's white. white interior, red carpet. $8000, go Sunday with a little less to buy it.

Zym: I have the flyer for the Chicago Lakefront Cruise on May 31st. The fellow said the featured car is Mustang, so let's get ready for that.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An excellent point. I left the camera at home on the table....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts