Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
item number 1851751141 on your fav auction site

take a look at what the guy says on the bottom right before the pics.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
19 grand........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AND he expects a deposit within 48 hrs, so the winner BETTER fedex it!!!

Yeah, and I want little elves to restore my sportsroof as I sleep, magically conjuring up the parts!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Did you guys see the 69 Boss road racer on there? Rolling chassis only, starts at 100.00. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Not as a Boss clone. You can get a Boss for a little more money, and it would be a Boss with the right motor.
The car for sale looks like a nice "restomod", for lack of a better word. The only things making it "a Boss" are the stripes and the filled rear quarter vents. The hood is wrong, and it may just be that he hung '70 fenders on the body.
What makes a Boss a Boss is the motor and the VIN, not the graphics. As far as the value of the car, I couldn't say. From what little you can see, the car looks real nice. Would you pay $20k for a real nice 351 powered sportsroof? You would have to show the car as modified, since Clevelands didn't come in '69s, and the filled vents are wrong for anything but a real Boss. I guess it really comes down to what you want the car for.

Carl

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
That tach wire on the column looks great! They should have kept the car a 390 Mach 1!!!

Mike

·
Registered
771 Posts
I agree if they would of kept the car a 390 mach/4 speed and restored it the way they "tried" to make a boss 302 clone,It would of been worth at least 15,000 but not 19,000 but from what i see the car is more worth close to 10,000$ and i dont even think that is a boss 302 color? Would you pay 19,000$ for Boss 302 stripes?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol!!! i love watching no one bid on auctions like these!!!!!

lol!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Nope! Most true Boss 302's in very nice shape are not bringin much over $23K!

(Nice pair of Stangs you have there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif )

Mike

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GT390 it is the same car buddy

My dad's car from back in the days when he worked at the Milpitas plant (San Jose for some)

I can't wait to finish her up!!! I just need to grab myself a hood tach to make the dramatic appearance complete!!!

Just think a cj shaker AND a hood tach!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts