Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of delays my one owner 1965 Mustang I6 finally arrived to Ohio from So Cal. Unloaded from the trailer and of course she didn't want to run...imagine she is not use to this cold Ohio air.

History on the car.... Reported the original owner traded her in for a new car in 1996 and the owner of the dealership put it in storage hoping to restore her one day. Well after collecting so many cars this was left by the wayside. Fast forward to 2021 and the owner is selling off his inventory of classic cars. I received a CA title from 1996 in the dealerships name and car with a rust free floor! Some spots of rust here and there and one hell of a patina paint job!

So as soon as AAA brought her home from the drop off point I did a quick inspection and ordered everything for a tune up. The seller got it to the point of running, but nothing to take on the roadways. Plan is to make it a reliable driver for the time being while I collect the bits to swap in a V8 and redo the interior and suspension. Not going to touch the body much for awhile. Probably replace the rear valance and replace the missing trim and mirrors. Would like to go ahead and swap the rear differential so I can have 5 lugs on all four corners...already has V8 spindles with disc brakes. So I guess that brings me up to now.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Congrats! She looks great in your garage. Um... did you try to score that Corvette on the trailer?! :)
Right. I see two on there… Nice car BTW.
LJ

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,462 Posts
Congrats!! I see 5 lug wheels up front. Was the previous owner going to swap a V8 in it?

Chris

Reactions: CNTLOSE65
1 - 16 of 16 Posts