Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 Mach 1, it is a h code, 4 speed wide ratio manual transmission, 3.00 rear end. White interior, and red exterior. All wiring has been replaced with new wiring. All rusted sheet metal has been replaced or repaired. Interior has been completely redone to include having the AM 8-track repaired. Engine, Transmission, and rear end have all been rebuilt. According to my Deluxe Marty report it is a one of one. It is about 90% done. Trying to figure out how much it will be worth when I get it finished.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Blue Hood Automotive exterior

Wood Automotive design Motor vehicle Plant Publication

Comfort Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Personal luxury car

Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design Car Vehicle

·
Registered
40,960 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! Your '70 Mach1 351C-2V WR TopLoader is worth as much as similar condition '70 Mach1 351C-2V WR TopLoaders... Combinations of various options may give you "bragging rights" but don't necessarily make the vehicle any more valuable. Now, if you had a '70 Mach1 428SCJ Drag Pack THAT would be more valuable than a '70 Mach1 428-4V C6.... being in similar condition, of course.

Also, bear in mind that "rarity" doesn't always mean "more valuable". You could have that ultra rare '70 Mustang Grande 302-2V Automatic in Grabber Orange with a black vinyl roof and a Ivy Green Interior, that was used every year in the Punxsatawney Pumpkin Parade...

·
I won a special award
8,788 Posts
I see that your H code engine is a 351W, not the 351C. That should be noted on the Marti Report.
My 1970 H code was a Windsor too. Early production 1970 H codes got the Windsors. I'm a fan of the Clevelands and wish mine was a 351C car (although it's far from stock now). I wonder if there is any value difference between two identical cars, in identical condition with one having a Windsor and the other having a Cleveland?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Worth is subjective, but I dont think you are sitting on a 1 of 1 Orange Grande with Green Interior. :)

Red with White deluxe interior is rare, and very desirable, and where everyone has black interior (boring) this one is going to grab attention. I am not surprised its a 1 of 1.
I know the 1 of 1 can come down to yours has an 8 track vs 3 others with an AM radio-- but the point the same, you have a very limited optioned car, and it this case a killer color combo.
(the 2bbl windsor may also be making this a 1 of 1 which is slightly less impressive, but still, cant take away how good this looks)

Actually the only thing holding you back is the H-code and I am not sure that matters vs the 4bbl Cleveland-- It does matter vs the CJ.
Windsor vs the Cleveland, flip a coin-- I actually prefer the Windsor, because I have changed spark plugs on a Cleveland, but stock vs stock the 4bbl Cleveland wins, but the 428CJ beats em all so...

In the end it comes down to workmanship on the resto and awards (prestige) the car wins with the MCA.

If you sell this right, I would not be surprised to see 75-80K if workmanship is excellent. 50-60K all day long if it is 80% decent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts