Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I´m interested to build a Fastback with Transaxle Transmission. Is there somebody who did that? Or where can I get more infos for this? I know that it´s possible to do that with a Corvette Transaxle Trans. So if somebody has infos for that I would be happy.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You're saying, basically, that you want to swap in a C5 or C6 Corvette rear suspension...because the transaxle isn't going to work with anything that resembles a Mustang rear.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know that I have to take the complete rear suspension with the trans. Thats why I´m asking for some infos that make the work easier.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You said transaxle. There are not many that come to mind. The original Ford GT40 had a midengine configuation with a ZF transmission that was also in the Pantera, also a midengine configuration. I hope you have a big pocketbook. It will not be cheap.

There is one other possible alternative outside the norm. Mendeola makes transaxle parts for high end sand rails. They do not sell complete transmissions, or at least it used to be that way. You will need to be very specific about what you plan to do. I would think that an S5 transmission would work. Last I checked they were about $15,000.00.

I looked into a midengine mustang. I hope to build one someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts