Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted on here or should I say tried to post on here for the last 2 months or so. For some reason I keep getting hammered or messed with by an admin or a mod. I cannot figure it out. I ahve spent over 10,000 dollars with one of the sites advertisers, bought three cars from members, and bought some parts from fellow members. This post will be removed quickly im sure and so will my user name. I never have broken any rules that I know of. I dont know why i keep getting my posts removed and my user name removed. I ahve contacted the advertiser and they are not too happy about this because they have seen where my posts were removed twice. If a mod or admin has a problem with me please tell me why. Im tired of this childish game your playing.
I went to list a bunch of free parts on the free trade forum and it ownt let me post. email me and I will tell you what i have. Sorry guys they wont let me post for some reason.
[email protected]

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I'm a little confused. Where are you trying to post? You can ONLY post in the classified sections if you've paid Bob the nominal fee. This includes responding to posts in those forums. The fee is only intended to wart off the hores that would come and flood the classified forums on a daily basis, making it so they were useless. All it takes is to make them fork over $5 and they run screaming. It's unfortunate, but that's life.

The discussion forums are all free. People that advertise on this forum have no affiliation with the forum (other than they paid the tiny advertising fee), so buying from them gives no one any specific rights.

Now if you've either paid the fee, or have had non-political (or religious, or otherwise offensive) posts removed from the discussion forums, that's different.

·
1,215 Posts
oklafastback,

I hope the venting helped :) First off, I am not the site admin, but wanted to give a different point of view.

I ahve spent over 10,000 dollars with one of the sites advertisers, bought three cars from members, and bought some parts from fellow members.
I'm sure that the advertisers are happy with your purchases and glad that their ads on the forum helped make them money. I doubt that the VMF gets a percentage of your purchases, but a simple dollar amount for providing the ad space. I could be wrong about that however.

I ahve contacted the advertiser and they are not too happy about this because they have seen where my posts were removed twice.
Again, I'm not sure why the advertiser would care whether your posts on the VMF were removed unless you were trying to plug them above and beyond the ads they already have.

I went to list a bunch of free parts on the free trade forum and it ownt let me post
I'm not sure if you have to purchase a classified for the Free trade forum or not, I'll have to defer to others for that.

I doubt that anyone has a vendetta out against you, so don't sweat it. What can typically get your posts removed (other than politics, religon etc) will be posting ads in the forum that basically superceed buying an ad in the classifieds or blatantly promoting a specific vendor that hasn't purchased space or ads.

It's just my take on it...I don't have any specifics on your posts or what actually happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel like the advertisers do care if the user are pickedon especially by the admins or mods. Thanks for your reply.

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
I don't see how an advertiser could "see" that anyone was being "picked on" by a post being deleted. If a post is removed, its gone. Your story isn't making a lot of sense.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have read this post and it is of my option that the problem is yours and not the forums. I am not saying this to upset you but I have over 500 posts and have never had one removed. You have to follow the rules and I suspect you might not be. Also a couple of hints. First fill out your Bio it appears that you might have something to hide. Second learn to use the spelling check. It will make a big difference as to whether people will listen to your concerns or not. Just my two cents worth.
Al

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Sorry Steve, eleanorstang.com is registered to a guy named Jason E. (leaving the lastname out, but if you know how to find this stuff, you can easily locate it) from Oklahoma, the wmw stuff was registered to a guy in CA and Jesse was from NV IIRC.

·
1,215 Posts
Also very interesting that eleanorstang.com is a very similar and competing Forum...geee what a sneaky way to plug your own forum.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think everyone is missing his point. Somehow his post are being move or deleted and he is looking for a solution.

·
1,215 Posts
naw not really flip...

Bottom line is only bob knows why his posts were deleted, as he is the only one that can do so in the forum. There are a very few others that help in some of the for sale forums. So we really can't speculate.

What we are pointing out however, is some of the stuff we've seen that does get posts deleted, or things that are just bad form. One of those is posts that have other purposes than just contributing to the VMF.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but people's posts don't get deleted just out of spite or personal prejudice.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Okay, how about specifics.
What were the posts about?
Where were they removed from?

If they were removed that means they broke a forum rule (either your original post or someone's reply to it). No Moderator or Bob for that matter is e-stalking you.

Oh, and a tin foil hat won't keep the aliens from reading your mind either. :rolleyes: :winkgrin:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Does that mean I have to get rid of my tin foil hat? How do I get the government to stop reading my mind then? :joker: :joker: :joker:

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I have over 500 posts and have never had one removed.
I've had 2 out of 17,288 posts (this would be my 17,289th *LOL*). They were my fault, though ... one got too political when I was ticked off at the 2 speeding tickets by the same cop in the same mile in the same 10 minutes saga, and the other was when I publicly bashed a national magazine.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
has a problem with me please tell me why
I don't know the story, but it looks like you're 100% trolling. Trolls are usually axed in a hurry, and I'm surprised if you're so persistent and BOB has a problem, he hasn't blocked your IP or some such thing.
--Kyle

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
when I was ticked off at the 2 speeding tickets by the same cop in the same mile in the same 10 minutes saga,
No way dude, you got a speeding ticket :: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts