Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the new Mach 1. I have the opportunity to get one with a $500 deposit. What is everyone's opinion of this car. Is it worth the money? Would a GT coupe or convertible be a better purchase or possibly a used Cobra.

I have a 65 coupe that is my daily driver and I will not be parting with it but I wouldn't mind having one of these new Mustangs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Well, Certainly alot to consider, IMHO none of these new mustangs will appeciate in the long run, there just making too many of them so just depends on if you like them enough and except that fact. If you want a new car and can afford it I would go for it, I might wait for the Boss 302 if It were I.

Just my .02

Mark

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Devils advocate here! First, $500.00 deposit? Is this applied to the purchase price? or is this just to get on "the List"? Next, What is the price of this car? Sticker price? 20,000 over list? I realize that there are supposed to be only 6500 made of these cars and they will be cool...BUT, get a few facts first.
If you can live with the answers you get, JUMP on it!
Bruce (TX)
P.S. Heard the rumor of the guy who put 40,000 down towards 2 new T-Birds and the dealer would not sell them to him at less than 15,000 over list...EACH! May be just a rumor.....

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Good questions. I have asked the same. The dealer who is about 200 miles from me has assured me that the 500 would go towards the price. He said they would be receiving 6 and I could pick my color because I am the first to inquire. The price currently is 29,250. Currently being the key word.

Thanks for all of your opinions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts