Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here at TMI we have a 150,000 square foot facility. Where do we ALL of our work, no outsourcing. Everything from start to finish happens here.

We've done this once, and we would love to do this again.

Have a big meetup/show type deal. Give you guys a tour of the facility, rent a food truck for lunch, all that fun stuff. Maybe I can throw out a gift card too.

How many would be interested in something like this? It would be during a week day, but I MAY be able to pull off a Saturday.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If I was remotely close I would sure do it. That would be cool.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked about a Saturday but doesn't look like like we can pull that off.

Our factory runs Mon-Fri. So a Friday afternoon would be best. ( My boss wants everybody to see how the factory runs, not just have an empty factory)

ALSO

We have Pole Position ( the go kart racing) right next to our shop, so we are thinking of getting a discounted rate, and all go racing too.

I just have to make sure I can get enough people.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sounds like a plan to me especially if discounts are involved...lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd be up for a cruise and tour of your facilities!
Just hope it is when I'm in town and not traveling.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'm very pleased to know your products are made in the USA. Although I'm not in need of anything currently, I have bought TMI in the past. I certainly hope you can stay domestic.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
WOW that sounds like a terrific gathering. If you Cali guys could put it together a "heads up" to Mustang Monthly is a must. Heck! TMI spends enough in advt $ for a little coverage.
MHO
Gimpy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Jared did you to this years fab fords show at knotts? you were there with a black 67 right?

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,880 Posts
Damn that sounds cool. Just send the company plane over ..........
Yes stop by and get me too I'll be home by then, I'll supply the fresh Atlantic lobster. Hehe

Jared, from what I've heard about TMI, I will be buying my interior from you guys once my car is painted.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I'd go to a cruise-in on Friday if you were closer. I'm in north OC.

I'd definitely go to a show if it was a weekend with other vendors, your local retailers, maybe some swap meet type spaces for locals in a back lot. You need just a little more dangling of the carrot than a factory and show cars.

My impression of an upholstery factory is a bunch of sewing machines and large rolls of of vynyl...invite California Mustang and have them do a co-op, bring all their clearance items and tell them to discount their prices for space at your show. Any other retailers?

Come on, man! Go big or go home (I know, that's lame). But seriously, you gotta do a little more to get the OC/LA crowd to drive down to the dust bowl on a Friday night. None of us want to sit on the E/B 91 on Friday night! Holly cow, that's horrible. You'd see 20 overheated Mustangs on the side of the road now that I think about it...just say'n.

Yup, better make it Sat and pay some peeps to work some OT on the weekend. :)

BTW - I love TMI products, even if I never see the factory.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
If I was at least in the same state, I'd be interested. I think its a great idea. I wish more shops and companies would do things like that.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yeah can you bring it to Michigan? Lol. You lucky guys have fun if they do it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd go to a cruise-in on Friday if you were closer. I'm in north OC.

I'd definitely go to a show if it was a weekend with other vendors, your local retailers, maybe some swap meet type spaces for locals in a back lot. You need just a little more dangling of the carrot than a factory and show cars.

My impression of an upholstery factory is a bunch of sewing machines and large rolls of of vynyl...invite California Mustang and have them do a co-op, bring all their clearance items and tell them to discount their prices for space at your show. Any other retailers?

Come on, man! Go big or go home (I know, that's lame). But seriously, you gotta do a little more to get the OC/LA crowd to drive down to the dust bowl on a Friday night. None of us want to sit on the E/B 91 on Friday night! Holly cow, that's horrible. You'd see 20 overheated Mustangs on the side of the road now that I think about it...just say'n.

Yup, better make it Sat and pay some peeps to work some OT on the weekend. :)

BTW - I love TMI products, even if I never see the factory.
What I'm thinking for this is a "first one" since we haven't done something this large. We are thinking two tours of two separate facilities, car show, racing with prizes. Just to see how the turn out is.

We do have large rolls of vinyl yes..and we do have sewing machines. But let's forget about all of our other divisions, from head liners, door panels, the foam division, our in seat touch screen head rests division, the list goes on. We are planning on expanding our facility soon to even bigger.

Yes stop by and get me too I'll be home by then, I'll supply the fresh Atlantic lobster. Hehe

Jared, from what I've heard about TMI, I will be buying my interior from you guys once my car is painted.
Woot woot!!

Hey Jared did you to this years fab fords show at knotts? you were there with a black 67 right?
Larry our R&D guy has the black 68. I was the bald guy walking around with a TMI shirt. Haha, but yeah we were there.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I'm definitely interested. I'm at work 'till 4, but I might be able to sneak out a little early one week.. lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts