Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of the E7 powerheads for sale. What do you guys think about these. Here is the ad.

I have a have a set of E7TE cnc ported Powerheads for sale. They have 1.90/1.60 valves, are fully cnc ported and have a 5-angle valve job. They flow 217/[email protected] .500" lift. They have been milled to 58cc's and have upgraded dual springs good to .560" lift. I also have Proform aluminum 1.6 roller rockers with the heads. I will sell the heads with rockers for $475 plus shipping.

Do these sound like pretty good heads, or should I try in some way to afford the AFR 165's. ::

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Any head is good head.. :rofl: :peeping:

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
They're not AFR's, but they sound like real nice heads, and the price is great, if they are as advertised. Figure about $175 for the rockers alone, and you're getting CNC ported heads with screw in studs/guide plates for $300 more.

The only draw back I can see is that with the milling to 58cc's, you may have to have your intake milled to match.

Those would be some real nice heads, though, for a street machine, IMHO.

·
7,014 Posts
Those do sound nice. Get an estimate on milling your intake to make sure that won't set you back too much. Also, check and make sure your pistons have valve reliefs. If they don't you'll likely run into piston to valve interference with the larger valves...particularly on the exhaust valve as it is still open slightly when the piston hits the top on the exhaust stroke.

Phil

·
Registered
522 Posts
I can never find the right link when I need it, but I just saw something about these on stangnet yesterday. It was a graph that showed the flow and effectiveness of just about every head that you could put on a 5.0L.
The E7 powerheads were a good choice, and IIRC, they were just as good as the Edelbrock performer heads. At less than half the cost, it sounds like a great deal.
If I can find the link, I'll edit this post.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Great deal.

John Harvey

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
These are the same size valves as the Edelbrock Performer heads (although 2.02 intake are an option). I ran valves like that with lift of .498/.512 without valve reliefs on flat top pistons with the Edelbrock heads. The conventional wisdom is that on valves of this size, as long as the lift is .500 or under, you will not need valve reliefs. Modeling clay on the piston top and turning the engine over by hand after a test fit of the head would be a safe way to double check.

Sounds like a good deal. I say go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts