Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
One of my coworkers had a Lifetime Subscription to satellite radio. When Sirius and XM merged, it stopped working. She called customer support and learned her Lifetime Subscription was null and void. Yay.
That was another reason I stopped using it. I finally bought a newer vehicle that had it as part of the radio system, but they would not "transfer" my 3 year subscription I had already paid for to the truck (I was like a year or so into it), so I had to keep using delphi unit in a vehicle that had XM in it...

·
Registered
988 Posts
I thought so too, I believe its just sports, news and comedy channels that have them.
And many many many music, of all kinds, eras, styles, etc...
Been driving that awhtx ‘15 Mustang several times and enjoyed a lot listening to Sirius.!

Josep

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,354 Posts
I don't have any use for it. We have enough cell phone data we can just stream Slacker, Iheart Radio, Pandora, and Spotify. More stations than I can shake stick at. Not one hiccup in service here on the east coast. It's always surprised me how little data music streaming takes. I did notice gaps in Verizon service in the midwest out on the prairie lands and further west. I wouldn't be real big on planting expensive cell towers out in the middle of nowhere where there are hardly any people either I guess. So I would imagine if you know you have sorry cell service where you normally drive then alternatives like Sirius would appeal.

I suspect one reason for satellite radio going downhill is people like me. Happily streaming tons of music basically for free through cell service. If that Starlink satellite service works out, that might put yet another dent in Sirius's business.

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
The wife had satellite radio in her '13 Beetle, but she drove and hour each way for work. Once she moved to a position closer to home,we got rid of it. The sound quality was horrible, and only made more apparent by the Fender stereo in her car.

I'm going to use a bluetooth amp and some door speakers in the '71. Run the tunes off my cell with Pandora or Spotify and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
We have Sirius in our 2016 Explorer and keeping it because my wife is not the most tech savvy person in the world, and the idea of streaming music through her phone just boggles her. So we pay the $20 a month and she stays happy. Our choices for radio out where we live are country/western and mexican music. I don't like either one. I use my phone in the Mustang and run it through an amp when I'm in the mood for tunes. I don't worry too much about quality because it seems my hearing is deteriorating daily and I'm not liking that.

·
Registered
887 Posts
One of my coworkers had a Lifetime Subscription to satellite radio. When Sirius and XM merged, it stopped working. She called customer support and learned her Lifetime Subscription was null and void. Yay.
Sorry to hear that,XM by chance because my Sirius still works.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
They must be desperate cuz I got another letter yesterday offering 3 more free months. Didn't even take the letter completely out of the envelope before it went into the recycling bag.

·
Registered
135 Posts
to OP,
If you have xm on anything else - and if you have Data on your phone, it's free to stream from any cell phone now. So bluetooth or input to input is all you need.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts