Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
For pictures yes, for Joy rides... Nooooo!

·
Registered
1970 Ford Mustang, Windsor 302 V8, C4 Automatic Transmission, Holley 4150C Carburetor
250 Posts
Depends if the people renting it know how to drive it and take good care of it for the time they rent it. Also, it's your car. You know how your car works, what problems it has, and how to fix it if things go wrong. There could also be the problem of it breaking down or having a problem when being rented in which case you may not have it at your fingertips to fix. If you know your car will do fine, then I suggest it's your decision to go with it or not. It's only up to you.

·
Registered
See my 1967 parts needs in my signature below!
818 Posts
NOPE!

However, I did let a neighbor kid take my '68 convertible to prom once. Only once!

·
Premium Member
7,769 Posts
RENT ?!! Aww hell naw !!
I have allowed my car to be photographed a couple of times and my wife's younger niece wanted pictures of her wedding party with it...also allowed our new nephew-in-law (haha) to idle it away from the reception venue (at a ranch!) around the corner where I was waiting with their little gas-saver, all loaded up for their honeymoon. The Mustang was my getaway car at my own wedding in 1999. ;)
Clothing Smile Land vehicle Car Bride

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
I definitely wouldn’t now, particularly where the car valuations are these days.
Having nothing to do with renting it out, I did let an insurance company use one of mine back in the 80s for a commercial. I knew it was unlikely to be damaged but it did make me a little nervous as the car was gone for a couple of hours. (With exactly 6 miles on the ODO….. the exact distance to and from the shoot)

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
I let a friend of mine drive my daughter away in the 68 for her wedding. I was nervous as heck (and he had owned his own mustang longer than me).

Reactions: beechkid

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
My 67 vert been in a music video, I was with it the whole time. Also hired for wedding to drive couple to reception.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have two friends that I allow to drive my Mustang and that’s it! Well my mechanic drives it too. I’ve seen that Hagerty service and just can’t wrap my head around it. No way in Hades I let some rando drive my car. Nope, no way, no how.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
...I wouldn't let a man rent my wife, either. Same thing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rental cars are driven hard. Every hotrodder is seeking to know the question, what can this thing do....?

Giving a stranger your keys is not an option for me!

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Nope.

·
I won a special award
8,107 Posts
F*** NO!

I worked on two made for TV movies back in the mid 1990's. Most of the cars we used came from a company in the Burbank area that rented vehicles (just about any kind of car or truck you could imagine) to movie and TV companies. But once we did get a couple of new Lexus sedans from a local dealership. Even though the grips and camera guys tried to be careful with the two Lexus cars, they did get returned with minor scratches and dings.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts