Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
'66 Convertible 200/c4 Vintage Inline Headers with Arvinode Duals
237 Posts
Other than my son-in-law the only other person to drive our Mustang is the state safety inspector, who must as I have regular registration.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I never leave my mustangs unattended unless they are in my shop. So there is zero chance anyone is driving them...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have rented my cars several times for photo shooting, films and events, but I am the ONLY ONE who drives my cars.!

Josep

Reactions: awhtx

·
Registered
647 Posts
I would never ever rent out my Mustang. That being said, there must be some Hagerty clients that do. Hagerty is based near where I live in Traverse City, and they actually do an annual program where 16 year old kids are allowed to drive classic cars with stick shift for exposure to the youngsters and what its like to drive a stick. I dont know if they use all cars from the Hagerty collection only, or if some of the cars are client rentals. I believe they are in a parking lot and not out on the streets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Noooooooope, only for pictures.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd rent mine out but the price of admission would be so steep that it would drive most/all people away. I'd have to get 25K for a 24 hr. rental.

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
^ Huh?

Reactions: [email protected]

·
I won a special award
8,116 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Good thing you didn't let TED drive your car. We saw his driving skills on display in the movie.

😆
Right! I got to watch them film that scene. The street was lined with 70’s & 80’s cars. The soapbox derby car was operated by remote control. They lost control of it, and it sideswiped a 70’s caddy. Owner was not happy. Took all day to film that one scene.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
only Steve McQueen can drive my cars :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I forget which action movie this scene was in, but the main character wanted to rent an old military helicopter overseas for a dangerous rescue. The local owner gave him a really large price. The guy asked how much to buy the helicopter. The owner gave him the same price. :)

That would be my rental price for my Mustang. The same as the selling price, no deposit, no refund only cash in hand. And while I'm not wanting to sell, with a large enough offer, that no one would make, I would let it go. :)

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
My '68 was used for a scene in an indie film a few years ago.
I was on the set. No drama fortunately. Took 2 1/2 hours and 4-5 takes to film the 30 second scene.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Car Tire Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
448 Posts
If a local dealership or some Sponsor wanted to rent my Mustang for an event where it was just being parked - fine. But to use it as a rental car for someone to drive around? No.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts