Vintage Mustang Forums banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
I won a special award
8,116 Posts
only Steve McQueen can drive my cars :)
Don't get me wrong, I thought McQueen was a great actor, stunt driver, and racer. But you sure you'd want McQueen driving your cars? :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
A friend demanded to drive his own car in the movie. They agreed. Even though you would never see him in the few seconds of filming he had to join the actor's union. But then he had to be on the set at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning and stay until nearly dark for two days because of retakes. By the time you took what he got and divide that by the hours, he barely made the minimum wage!

·
Registered
1973 Convertible 351c
10 Posts
I have kicked this idea around (Hagerty has a rental program). But I just can’t……..I have too many memories of me torturing rentals……including Mustangs
I might if it were to dive the person (homecoming) or something like that. And photos were be fine. But no to anyone driving it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have kicked this idea around (Hagerty has a rental program). But I just can’t……..I have too many memories of me torturing rentals……including Mustangs
Show me the money! Yes I have even loaned out my Harley Davisson and have made thousands of dollars. Proper screening g is essential. Check out their rides first to see how well they are kept. No burning rubber, no speeding and no wreckless driving.

·
Registered
1966 Ford Mustang
2 Posts
I do, via Hagerty's Driveshare, for photo shoots and static displays only. I am the only driver and I am with the car the whole time if it's a photo shoot. If it's a static display (at a tradeshow or convention), it's parked behind ropes and I never leave the keys. It's actually better protected at a tradeshow than when I bring it to cruise nights and car shows.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Yep in a heart beat!

Conditional though, somewhat similar as for top female fashion models.
Only I drive it, $10,000 an hour, four hour minimum, ten minute break every hour, complimentary food and beverages, name in the credits.
It’s about $300 a day. You actually the only authorized driver for insurance purposes. And you eat like a king. Unfortunately no mention in credits.
Actually I was referring to the scene where Ted drives Mark Wahlberg's character to work at the car rental agency.
A stoned teddy bear driving a car…..you had me at hello…

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Depends I guess . How about this story from way back when, My buddy and I go to SAAC Convention in Pocono PA and this guy I have known for 3 days asks me to drive his ex Bill Elliott BOSS 302 .

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
Would be fun to do some film work with my car and maybe a bunch of other period-correct rides if I am the driver. It might help me finance a new paint job.

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
Would be fun to do some film work with my car and maybe a bunch of other period-correct rides if I am the driver. It might help me finance a new paint job.

Reactions: Badbenz94

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
That would be who's insurance covers it & for how much for what damage? Then you have to decide( just in case) do I want a pocket full of money( of course their value won't be close to what I would think) or do I want my Vert as is ?

For me that's a big fat NOoooo way. It's kind of like the reason they have valet keys for all the late model high performance cars.

Now I could be persuaded to rent it for pictures or a commerical ( like someone would pay) you can sit in it ,on it ( no lard ass) or be around it, but that's it no cranking it or driveing it. Maybe blow the horn.

As I stingy or selfish ? SHORE am ! But she's mine warts & all. She gets damaged or broke it will be by me( not some deeb or snot nosed kid.)& repaired by me.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
For a million bucks an hour, sure.

Reactions: Wayne clark

·
Registered
654 Posts
solid NO.
I have a good portion of my life in my Mach, could never get the time or money back if something went south.

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
Since I first bought MyFirstCar in 1992...
Dad drove it once to get a new radiator. Thanks Dad !
Mom drove it once to re-live her youth. Pure joy !
I let my first serious girlfriend drive it once around a little country path because she had never seen a car like it except on TV etc. Good memory.
I let a good college friend's girlfriend drive it once around our block idling in 1st gear just to hear her giggle and it made him happy. Good memory.
My wife has driven it maybe 5 times in 23 years together only because I was busy working on or detailing her car. She once came home in 1999 in tears because some idiot fell over on his bike while next to her at a traffic light, his handlebar scraped the passenger door next to the handle. No big deal. Smiled and kissed her, touched it up. Love you, Babe.
Every single other chip, scratch, or mark on the car since 1992 has been put there while I was driving and I know where they all are when I wash it.
I intend to keep it that way.

Reactions: Wayne clark

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
After reading all these post I don't feel like I'm being stingy or selfish ( did'nt feel bad before I read them either) about my car.

Seems like most all of us have a vested interest in them & feel the same . We want them to remain undamaged & stay in good operating condition.

Even if it seem they sometimes have a lot of down time for whatever reason.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts