Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a 1993 Cobra for daily driving or at least 4 or 5 times a week. I know they are collectible but believe not as a vintage Mustang. What do you guys/gals think. All opinions are welcome. These cars with low mileage are in the 18-24k. Thanks to all!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would LOVE to have one for a DD. Probably wouldn't be good if I wanted to have the car for an investment though...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I bought a 97 Cobra new and used it as my DD, but it was useless here in the northeast when it showed. I traded it in on my F150. :wall:

·
Registered
157 Posts
To me it would depend on how many miles you were planning to put on it. If it's not alot I would go for it. ::

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I say go for it.Sure they are a bit rare today but they where built to drive.Let the next guy worry about the resto.You only get so many trips around the sun in this life.A few trips in a 93 Cobra sounds like fun to me. :0) Jace

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Driving it daily would be wonderful - - - until I had to get the two kids in and out of their car seats.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There's a nice fella, Stubes, on here that has a '93, Teal, and drives it frequently (amongst his growing collection!). May want to check with him. Don't see why it wouldn't make a good DD depending upon mods, history, etc.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have a Vibrant Red '93 Cobra that I bought new and have used it as my daily driver ever since - currently has 154,000 miles - most reliable car I've ever owned. I've only had to replace the heater core (last year) and the air conditioner compressor clutch (about 6 years) ago. I've also redone the weather stripping and door lock actuators, but no other mechincals have been necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts