Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting into the EB Bronco's now. Well it is for the wife. I have been asked for pictures of my car that they where very interested it. I never said it was for sale nor have I ever listed it for sale. Once I get the persons home e-mail address I will send pictures and see where it goes. I have a dollar figure in my head. What would you do if they hit that figure?

G

·
0 Posts
Yep, I second JohnPro.... I've put a lot of work into my car, and feel that connection with it. However, if someone made me an offer and it was the right price, there would be no hesitation... I always wanted that 67 'vert anyway :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I also agree with these 2 guys. If the price in my mind was offered, it would go in a minute. There is much truth in the statement "everything has its' price" There is some value in having built a car bolt by bolt, knowing every inch of it and being proud of a quality job. It gives you good sense of security that your car is solid and trustworthy. But its true about everything having a price.

You can bet that price would be enough to get me another one and bring it up to the condition I find acceptable though. I would always want to have a classic mustang around me so I'd just absolutely have to get another one :: .

·
Registered
262 Posts
if they said yes to my price,it's gone.tommorrow morning i might kick myself..... just remember "it's hard to go broke making a profit"larry

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'm afraid I must price thing's value too low. My two favorite cars left me because I said a price and both were met without hesitation. POOF! Niether loss was worth it in the end, but I did set the tag at a reasonable value. That's the hook, if it's a reasonable offer (at a reasonable point of weakness), I'll sorrifully will part with them.

·
Administrator
19,461 Posts
Murphy has been a part of my life for the last 35 years, so no, I would not sell the car. Trouble, on the other hand, is the culmination of my Mustang dreams, so again, no sale. ::

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
My car is not for sale at any price. (Though my "middle of restoration" car isn't worth that much anyway.) Too much heart and soul has been invested so far. In fact it owns me. Yet....hmmm....maybe??? I suppose I could be swayed to accept a ridiculous offer, not to say one would come along. ::

·
Registered
148 Posts
There only one thing that would cause me to sale my Mustang. Before I say what it is (it's not money).

I've owned my Mustang for 18 years. The owner before me lived about 3 blocks from my house. I saw it when I was 11 years old back in 1979.

My name is Steve Wilson, the owner before me was Steve Golson. Just 2 letters different in our names.

Me and my Stang have history, it's like it's a part of me.

I'm still single at 36. If I was to get married and have kids...

I will sell it when I'm holding my first born child in my hands...and only then.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I would sell mine in a heartbeat if I could get what I have invested in it.and then move on to a mach I

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's strange how this thread has hit home for me. Today I drove my car into work and by arrangement I get to park it inside the used car show room for a conversation piece. Well as thing would have it I have a standing cash offer of $30k to sell my car to a gentleman.The thing is my car is not for sale. Yeah that's a nice offer and yes my car is worth every bit that much but, I like and enjoy my car I don't think I could go out and find another one with the same originallity or solidness of this car for the same price.But my brain has been twisted all day because of the offer. Am I nuts for not jumping at this or just being the wiser and realizing what i have and sticking with it? ::

·
Administrator
19,824 Posts
Assuming a pretty fair price to both parties, (like I'm really going to find someone that nutty with money) I'd sell and haul butt to pick up a copy of the local trader paper in search of a dead hulk project Mustang to replace it. Then again I might just chase them the hell off my property with a stick. Depends on what kind of day I'm having.
SWMBO says I'm moody, can't imagine why.
No help to you at all am I? :p
To sell or not is a very personal decision. Only you can make it, as you have to live with your choice. What do you want to say a year from now?
A: Man, I wish I had never sold that car.
B: Geez, I should have sold this thing when that guy made that great offer.
C: Boy, I love this car.
It's your call.

·
Registered
9,798 Posts
My 67 Shelby and I have too much history to sell it, and beleive me, I get hints all the time.
My 66 GT on the other hand, is gone if the right price comes in. And then I'd just buy another Mustang to do.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sure, I'd sell it in a hearbeat. Problem is, the new owner would have to pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
For the right offer the '65 fastback (below) is yours!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've always been annoyed with the fact that 71-73 has very little performance/appearance aftermarket compared to the other years. But then again, you don't see many of these on the streets. A part of me wants a 67-68 fastback or a 69 Mach 1 but another part wants to keep the 73 just because they aren't that popular. These behemoths have a lot of potential and I want to ultimately tap it and show that these years can be "cool" too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts