Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a message that I was looking for the honeycomb tail light panel for my son's 72 Mach I on the parts forum and someone wrote back and said that they have one for a price that I'm willing to pay... the question is, would you buy from a stranger off a message board? I don't want to get burned. What would you do, ask for COD? Any suggestions would be appreciated because it doesn't seem that I will be able to buy this part any other way since they stopped making it repo. I'd post the guys first name here and the club name that he listed but I don't want to insult him with my mistrust in case he reads this forum too. If you know what I mean. But, after having problems with another vendor I don't want to have to do through the disappointment again. It took contacting the state attorney general to get my money back last time.
MaryAnn

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Mariska on 04/21/01 01:34 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Honeycomb? I'm not sure what you mean.

If you're referring to the Shelby taillights, there are a couple chains that reproduce them. I think NPD and Mustangs Plus sell reproductions still.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have purchased many things over the message boards one being the mach grill 71-72 400$ and wasent perfect.im sure youl be nervious just send a postal money order and have the seller insure your part with the shipping let them go ups this way you can track the progress if anything goes wrong.did you get any pics save them untill it arrives.good luck

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
You can use COD, You can also use an escrow account such as http://www.iescrow.com/ which makes sure both parties are happy.

Another thing you might do, which I have done as well. See if he has an Ebay account, and check out his feedback rating and request his personal information to confirm the shipping address and phone # he has already given you. You can also email some of the recent folks he has sold or purchased from on ebay. It's not 100% safe, but does help ease the mind knowing he has followed through with things before. Any negative feedback, I would only go with one of the above ways.

If you do send the money straight to him, I would recommend giving him a US Postal Money order, and have it sent with delivery confirmation and signed reciept. At least this way you've got proof he received the money order, and the PO can trace the MO to see if he cashed it. I would recommend NOT sending payment to a PO box.

Doug

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>

[color:blue]A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything... hehe</font color=blue>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts