Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing prep work today on my fastback's driveshaft and subframe connectors so that I can paint the final coats on them tomorrow. I had a couple of nasty, thick runs on the driveshaft and that took most of my time to get sanded down, portions primered, and ready.

After fixing the driveshaft, I was a little hesitant to look at the subframe connectors, but I was amazed how good they looked! The paint must have kept flowing out for some time because there were no dull spots at all. All of the segments had a nice gloss sheen, just what I wanted. There were three small runs, which came clean with very little sanding. The biggest problem was the damage from the plastic masking material that had come loose and landed on them. So, I lightly sanded them all down and, hopefully, my painting will go well tomorrow so I'll be able to move on to shooting primer on the floorpans next weekend.

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the biggest pleasure at shows when people ask who painted the car, etc. :lol:

Of course, some never believe me! :p

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's how I learned to paint. I did it with a friend, he painted the hood and body, and I did the doors, front fenders, decklid, racing apron, rear valance, and a lot of other parts. I had painted the primer and sealer, but had a lot of problems holding the paint gun up to reach the roof, so that's why we split up the final paint tasks. We also shared doing the stripes on the same pieces, although I worked with him on laying out the tape on everything.

Later, I helped him paint his 1972 convertible, splitting the tasks the same way.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Now you are going to have to invest in some large mirrors to lay underneath Trouble at shows so folks can see your work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice job. Glad its working out. Good luck with the rest.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Laurie, you must be an inspiration to women everywhere! You are proof that women can get their hands dirty with the best of 'em. Keep up the great work.

Joe

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I posted some a few days ago, but I'll get more when I get to the primer and paint in a couple of weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts