Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track today. Had a great time, despite the 105 degree heat, definately not ideal for good ETs.
I managed to get a friend's 91 GT Mustang to run a 14.75 at 93 mph. Not bad for a bone stock 302.

However, the shocker was another friend's '67 convertible. He's running a late model 5.0 with trick flow heads & and Paxon Novi supercharger. Any guesses what he ran?

If you guessed a 14.2 at 101 mph you guessed correctly. What's up with that???
He made 4 or 5 runs, and 14.2 was his BEST ET. His mph varried from 97 to 101 mph.
With a good reaction time, I beat him in my friend's 91 GT once to boot.

Not sure what's wrong with that motor, but I was thinking of something around 107-110 mph would be the norm for his motor. I figure he's a bit rich with the extreme heat, but my gosh his stats are messed up.

G

·
0 Posts
That's sick! My ex's son-in-law & I did a '94 Cobra with a Vortec & a 347, it went 10.90's on the original tires! The 67 coupe I just finished for a friend went in the 10's on radial t/a's & a BBF... MILD. Something isn't right at the diggs. Feels great to beat a hopped up hot rod though doesn't it!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Weight difference, anybody?

Also, if we're talking about both of them being manual transmissions, then you have to take into account driving and how good they are with shifting. Someone can hand me a Ferrari F50 that can do 0-60 in 2 1/2 seconds and has a 1/4 ET of 11 seconds and I might not be able to run it faster than 13 seconds just because of sloppy shifting.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The '67 is an automatic and the 91 is a 5 speed.
I know the 91 weights 3300 with driver, the 67 has got to be less than that.
My 66 is only 3000 with me in it.

Something is messed up on that supercharged '67!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts