Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have tried to get a C9OZ 8509 D(got this PN from Ford) water pump pulley. I believed that the pulley would be steel stamped with this number?? I have been told by several people who have the correct pulley that the pulley is not steel stamped with this number at all. It would more than likely be stamped C9OE 8509 G. Could you please put some light on this for me?? I would appreciatte it if someone could look at their unmolested 351C with AC and PS, and tell me what number is stamped on the pulley prior to making a purchase on a C9OE pulley I thought for a mustang it had to have a "Z" in the PN?? Sorry to be so long winded. I just want to get the part as it came from the factory. I don't really want the service part.
Thankyou for your time,
Evan

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The number you have is most likely the engineering number-which would be found on box part came in, not the actually number marked on part. The "Z" would not be for a car line in the 4 th position, but would rather designate it to be a Service part, while an original part would carry an "E" in it its casting number to denote it is an engine part.The pulley used for servicing the original C9OE 8509 G that others are saying is correct, might carry a C9OZ 8509 D part number on box, but could even carry a different casting number, say one from later on in 70's. Ford use of the two numbering systems can make it difficult even for the dealers to look up stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts