Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm restoring my low profile 6k rally pac. I've tried looking for white wrinkle paint. But the only colors available are red, gray and black. I've used black wrinkle finish and tried to paint over it in white only to have the wrinkle paint bubble. Does anybody have any suggestions how to successfully wrinkle paint or where to get white wrinkle?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Maybe you can try to spray an epoxy sealer over the wrinkle paint and then try to paint it white. The sealer should help keep the wrinkle finish from lifting when you paint it white.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be having a lacquer/enamel problem. Seems to me that you cannot put enamel over lacquer (might be vice versa).

If you have been trying enamel white, try lacquer white. Test the combo on something other than your Rally Pac, first. Very available in spray bombs if you look for it. Also has less sheen than enamel, and generally doesn't build as fast when spraying.

There are also powder coats that can provide the crinkle appearance. Maybe this is available in white.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you decide to powdercoat, just be sure the item can stand 400 degrees for 20 munutes or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts