Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lower inside of one of my doors has bondo, so the texture is gone. Has anyone tried to spray lightly with wrinkle paint, then topcoat with color? I'm not sure which would look worse, a smooth area, or an overly aggresive area. Any suggestions?

/forums/images/icons/blush.gifClick here to see free live bare topless Coppertonecam images./forums/images/icons/blush.gif
/forums/images/icons/smile.gifMy new 64 1/2 vert/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the lower inside of my emberglo car. I don't know if the door used to have speakers or what. But it has a 4 inch round bondo area just under the door panel in the front corner. The rest of the door is really nice, as I've blasted it clean. It just bugs me that it won't be perfect when I'm done. Would you try to produce the texture, or leave it smooth?

/forums/images/icons/blush.gifClick here to see free live bare topless Coppertonecam images./forums/images/icons/blush.gif
/forums/images/icons/smile.gifMy new 64 1/2 vert/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Read somewhere that what you do is spray the area then while it's wet you press a piece if vinyl with a
grain design into the paint and peel off, supposed to leave the imprint in the paint. Never tried it.

66 Coupe, 289/2v, C4, CA Red

G

·
0 Posts
emberglow is a kinda medium to dark paint, probably would show up.

i have thought about making a mold by pouring something on a stripped door, like an epoxy or something. and then use this to press in soft plastic on the spot you need to repair.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
I think that's a pretty good idea (pressing in the vinyl). I would think as soon as the paint is set but can still pick up thumbprints (you know what I mean -- we've all done it), that's the perfect time.

Cecil Bozarth

1966 GT Coupe (Tahoe Turquoise with black pony interior)

1994 GT Convertible

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Have you considered covering the doorpanel with vinyl? Mustangs and Fords Mag did an article on this a while back. It would definitely solve your problem. If I were you, that is what I would do.

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571478&a=12409371&p=45514468.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts