Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a 66 Mustang convertible I am comparing two cars, claimed to be complete restorations - but both have wrinkles in the sheet metal under the hood, where the top of the front fenders are attached. Is there any reason this would happen, other than if the cars were involved in an accident ?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
I am looking at buying a 66 Mustang convertible I am comparing two cars, claimed to be complete restorations - but both have wrinkles in the sheet metal under the hood, where the top of the front fenders are attached. Is there any reason this would happen, other than if the cars were involved in an accident ?

Thank you for your thoughts.
those are crash dimples. completely factory. if they were not there i would be concerned.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
6,134 Posts
Just a quick glance at those two pics I don't see anything that stands out. But next time, get a close up pic of the area of concern so we can see what you see. Those parts are stamped out of sheet metal bent, stretched and shrunk into a 3d piece all with just a quick few hits on a press, distortion is going to happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts