Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://texasclassiccars.com/inventory/1967FordMustangCandyAppleRed/DSCN8236.JPG

Saw this on Ebay and thought I would share... it looks kind of tuff, but I think he went with the Wrong back spacing. ;)

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Definately the wrong backspacing. Reminds me of my old '68 Cougar. When I bought it, it had wheels/tires that stuck out that far in the back. I got pulled over by a CHP here in Sacramento and given a fix-it ticket for it. Apparently you can run tires outside of the wheel well, only if you have MUD FLAPS! So, yes, I had to put MUD FLAPS on my '68 Cougar in order to get the ticket signed off. After going to the all the hassles, I go get the ticket signed off, and the cop had written down the wrong vehicle code on the ticket. Apparently he's accidentally given me a ticket for a cracked windsheild. The cop signing off the ticket says, "oh, well, you don't have a cracked windsheild, so I'll sign off on the fix-it ticket". :: Do you know how pathetic a '68 Cougar looks with MUD FLAPS? :eek:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call.

"Dual chrome anti-sway bar

Air shocks

Chrome traction masters
"

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Notice how the long shackles have put a reverse bend in the leaf springs? Boy, do I hate shackles and air shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts