Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Wow. I just got back from a car show in dubuque. Mopars on the Mississippi. And all i can say is.....wow. I just broke my heart that my first official car show was not mustangs, but hey, it was great. There were at least 450 cars there. And I arrived in STYLE. you may have heard of the new Chrysler Crossfire? Wel, that was my ride. A lady at my dad's work drove the other one in, and a lady who had bought one also came(probly thinking she'd be the only one there). Two Vipers, yellow, adn blue with white stripes(I'm working on pics, billy). One Proweler(with trailer), red. Three Crossfires, Two grey and one black. Cuda's, dart's, coronets, you name it they probly had it. There were FOUR Hemi cars, one with a blower that said "Blown 426 Hemi" on the drive belt. We didn't have a camera, but we had a video cam, so I'm gonna get it digitalized and take stills from it. An easy dozen six-pack cars, and several dual quads. And two (illeagal) open headers cars. They were nice. And loud. They made me smile. Two General Lee's, one arrived being driven by Elvis. Oh yeah, this was at the Dubuque Dog Tracks.
Ok, I'll stop now. I'm making a huge deal of it, but only cause it was a great show.
There were two mustangs parked outside the gate. One was a black 71-73 fastback with side-pipes. And the other was a green-blue 68 coupe with a white C-stripe and a for sale sign. I left a VMF card on each one. Woohoo.
Sorry to babble. ::

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok, if I wasn't into Fords, it'd have to be Mopar. The annual Omaha Mopar club had their show today. Lots of great cars, all in colors only Dodge and Plymouth cars could pull off. The highlight for me was the superbird they had there.

A non-Ford car show is better than no car show at all, except for Chevrolet.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that. Three superbirds with the huge spoiler, and a 71 with a Hemi and an auto. One of 13 Auto-Hemi superbirds in 71.

·
Registered
9,782 Posts
My first job out of High School inJune of 1970 was doing dealer prep on brand new Chryslers, Plymouths, Dodges, at chryslers south Chicago pre-delivery center.
I drove them all except the Superbirds. Got sucky after 1973, poor performance, emission laws, and such.
Same here though, if I didn't have a Mustang, I'd be a Mopar freak. Plus, Mopar owners don't seem to have that Tunnel Vision those Bowtie guys seem to have.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds like a grest show damon. You better get them pics for me haha!! ::

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe, yeah, i haev a great idea to ask you about(involves sig)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If I didn't have the mustang craze, I'd have a mopar. Challenger RT with a 340 Speed done in Plum Crazy Purple and White with a white interior... It wouldn't be hard to push me over the edge to get one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts