Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm open to 67/68 casting dates. Please email me at [email protected] with what you have and pricing.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
6,977 Posts
Have you considered using the regular heads, same casting number, and just drilling the different manifold pattern, like Ford did?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I had a machine shop redrill some standard car/truck heads for my 390. The heads I had had the “bosses” so they could be redrilled. They did punch through into water jacket on 2 of the holes. Fortunately, I was able to put some threaded plugs in the hole with a lot pipe dope and plug the holes. Then the exhaust manifold bolts went into the same hole to help plug them. So be careful...,it can be done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a mixed set. One 67 and one 68. Both C8AE-H with GT factory exhaust pattern. Bare. Thermactors. From 18902 Pennsylvania

·
Registered
67 Posts
Email sent:

(1) C8AE H date coded 8A20, drilled for the 14 bolt exhaust pattern, rebuilt with hardened seats, stainless valves, bronze guides, titanium keepers.been sitting for app. 25 years, would suggest disassembly to clean up castings (surface rust) and re-lube valve stems.Would suggest new valve springs to match cam. Located in New York. Asking $900 plus shipping .

(2) C8AE H date code 8D18 / 8D20 not drilled for the 14 bolt pattern, would suggest rebuilding. Asking $250 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a set of C6-AE-R heads, drilled and tapped for 16 (not 14) pattern. Taken off a running motor about two years ago, sitting in my shop ever since.
Also have a set of C8AE-H heads that have likewise been drilled and tapped for 16 bolt pattern. Pretty sure they will need worked.
LMK if interested in either set.
Located in south central Oklahoma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts