Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It turns out my mother is looking to buy a very nice turnkey '71 convertible. So I get the fun of trying to find one. Here is essentually what she wants.

The car must be close to if not original. Restored is ok. The car will need to be the factory color with interior also mostly original. Factory wheels also a plus. A car devoid of all the spoilers and stripes is also a plus.

She would like to have air conditioning and a automatic transmission. Engine isn't really a big deal. Can be from a six to a 351.

She has a couple color choices in mind. Red, Pewter Metallic and Maroon Metallic are 71 colors she likes. Interior isn't really a huge deal on color, just needs to compliment the car.

You can contact me at [email protected] or 509-869-7894.

Thanks
Stephanie

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I guess this one is out of the question then, since it has rally stripes, nasa hood, 351C 4v, 4 speed hurst, trac-loc with 3:50.1 gearing, and it's green! :(

Oh well.....

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL76/711583/2174849/26225572.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
So...... what ya got "against" spoilers and stripes? :: ;) ::

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ken,

Nothing at all. Thats the cool thing about our hobby we can turn our cars into what ever we wish. The Mustang was originally designed to be customized with its long option list.

Speaking for myself, as a concours minded person I prefer the lines and look of a factory original ride.

No dissing of restomoded rides although for me personally its not my cup of tea. The concours thing tends to run in my family as evidenced by what my mother wants.

Steph

1 - 4 of 4 Posts