Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone local to the Atlanta, GA area with a LH V8 drum spindle (or pair) that doesn't want an arm and leg for that I could come pick up? Must be for 64.5, 65, 66. I have Granadas on my car now and want to return to original.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I have some in NH that I can ship in the USPS Large Flat Rate Box. I have to take the drum, backing plates off and inspect the bearing surfaces to make sure that they are good. I also have brand new forged spindles in stock, but price is higher. https://www.neperformancemustang.com/catalog

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a pair of spindles removed 1965 Mustang past year. Located in N.W. Al. Can ship. Thanks
Anyone local to the Atlanta, GA area with a LH V8 drum spindle (or pair) that doesn't want an arm and leg for that I could come pick up? Must be for 64.5, 65, 66. I have Granadas on my car now and want to return to original.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found some. Already picked them up, removed drums/backing plates, cleaned and primed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are original C3DA 1125B brake drums (and backing plates) of any value? Both need to be turned and one stud is broken on one. The measure 10" and 10-1/16".

·
Premium Member
6,896 Posts
Are original C3DA 1125B brake drums (and backing plates) of any value? Both need to be turned and one stud is broken on one. The measure 10" and 10-1/16".
I buy a lot of spindles, and have had piles of original drums. I have sold 2 OEM drums in maybe 5 years. I do not even try and save them anymore.

So, 4 cents a pound at the local scrap metal yard.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
I have a pair in East Alabama / West Georgia area also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts