Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for 65s there is a piece of bent metal that goes between the engine mounts and the frame brackets. It is a piece that has a stud on one side and a hole on the other (the engine mount's stud goes in the hole, and its stud goes into the brackets. I want to get two of these (R&L if there is a difference) so that I can hook the new mounts up to them and do the through drilling and bolting to solve the torque twisting before I take the old ones off.

Anyone have a couple of these sitting around they don't need? please include your price and shipping in your reply (ZIP 84070)

Thanks in advance.

John Harvey

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
JS, those are the Early 65 mounts. Also used in 64 Falcons.
If you can't find the middle peice, you should be able to just convert to the later 65-6 2 peice motor/frame mount assemblies......unless of course you are building a concourse car ;)

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the responses; however, these pieces are offered in the NPD cataloge for about $18 brand new. I was just checking to see if anyone had a few just laying around that they had aquired over the years that they could live without.

My originals are fine, and I'll probably just reuse them, I had wanted to do the torque control procedure where you drill the mount and this piece and put an extra 1/2 bolt with a lock nut all the way through both pieces prior to removing the old ones so I could just slip the old ones out and the new ones in. But I guess I'll just take the old ones off one side at a time and then do the drilling and then reinstall.

John Harvey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts