Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the midst of a restoration on a 1967 Lone Star Limited aka Bluebonnet Special. Info on the internet for these cars is somewhat scarce, with the exception of a few posted magazine articles and some older posts on this forum. I am collecting what info I can find at 67LSL.com. (Yes, I am aware that my website creation skills leave something to be desired. :shrug: )

I have acquired an original badge and will be replicating a pair for the car, and have bought a few back-issues of magazines with articles about the special edition. In addition to any propaganda that I can get my hands on, I am also building a crude registry of current Lone Star Limited owners. Between myself and another LSL owner, we have located and verified VINs for 18 cars so far.

Leads on current owners, stories you have about the cars, original brochures or ads, or any other info related to the cars would be much appreciated. :smile2:

·
Registered
8,988 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I've seen that site. I've made contact with Bobby Blankenship featured there. His car is almost 100% original but for a couple personal mods that he's made over the years. Nice car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on my restoration progress. I'm still interested in discussing leads on current owners or any other info related to the cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to user dcubedus, another Lone Star Limited has been located. This one (like many) was repainted over the years and the owner was unaware that it was a special edition car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found your site and wanted to let you know I own a lone star limited. Would love to get exact dimensions of the badging so I can replicate. Attempted to forward contact via 67LSL.com but couldn’t get send button to trigger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Acourter, apologies for the delayed reply. I have the original tool for the badges and have some made that I can send. PM your email address please. Would love to connect and learn more about your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a lonestar limited as well that I just stumbled apon while trying to sell my car. I have ordered a marti report. My car as well has been repainted and a few mods but I still have the blue bonnet color on the bottom of the dash and steering column. Message me and we can chat.
-Jared

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Did you know there is a scale model of the Blue Bonnet Special?
(I bashed it to match my car - it was the closest model I could find ;) )

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Daisy,
Yes, I have a few of the models actually! One for the house, one for the work desk, and one in the garage on display next to the car. :) Would like to see some pics of your "bashed" model!

Jared,
I PM'd you but haven't heard back. Are you still active on the boards?

Acourter,
Still trying to reach you as well.

·
Registered
351 Posts
OK, which one of you owners is trying to offload their Lone Star Limited at Streetside Classics In Fort Worth OR is this another potential LSL discovery?

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
I'd be all over it at $100K but the CV killed my investment portfolio. What does "1,020 (Since Built)" mean? 1,020 original miles? 1,020 miles since the current owner "built" the car?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts