Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My 70 Mach 1 is about to go into the shop for restoration, but I am thinking about changing directions.
I am looking for a Boss 302 shell (G or W code), preferably with a clean title. If it has a motor/block then that is great, but it is not a requirement-- same for rear axle.

If anyone has anything of interest feel free to shoot me PM.

Brad

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Not too many shells left out there. Check craigslist, ebay daily is best way to find one. I found mine on ebay and it was only half hour away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone,
I have also posted up on the Boss 302 registry.

It may be tough to find, my fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 70 Mach 1, that I was planning to to hand over to a restoration shop in the coming weeks, but the body is rough. I have a handful of factory NOS parts I have been collecting over the years.
I have always wanted a Boss and if I am going to spend the money, it makes sense to do the work on a Boss vs an H code Mach 1 (still a cool car).

With the correct Boss, I can bring it back using a lot of my factory Mach 1 parts.

While I love factory correct cars, a shell with no running gear gives me guilt free ability to build this with a 5 speed trans, Aluminum block and heads, and I can drive it without fear of tearing up something I cant replace.

Brad

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have a 70 Mach 1, that I was planning to to hand over to a restoration shop in the coming weeks, but the body is rough. I have a handful of factory NOS parts I have been collecting over the years.
I have always wanted a Boss and if I am going to spend the money, it makes sense to do the work on a Boss vs an H code Mach 1 (still a cool car).

With the correct Boss, I can bring it back using a lot of my factory Mach 1 parts.

While I love factory correct cars, a shell with no running gear gives me guilt free ability to build this with a 5 speed trans, Aluminum block and heads, and I can drive it without fear of tearing up something I cant replace.

Brad
With all due respect, your plan to start with a more costly shell (real Boss 302) and build it with incorrect motor, trans, and other mods may not be the best use of your money. You could find a rust free sportsroof (non-Boss) shell for about 1/3 the cost and make a Boss clone built the way you want. Building the Boss 302 shell the way you describe will have no more final value than the suggested use of a sportsroof. Just a thought....Good luck! Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts