Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Looking to buy a Ford Small-block Windsor distributor.

More specifically, a genuine, OEM, Ford small block windsor distributor that will fit a 74-79 Ford Granada 302 block. I know I read a couple places that there's a few guys that will rebuild it/recurve it if you send them a core, but I don't have a core, just a spectra premium with a distributor cam that's too small.

Tired of digging through the mountains of Ebay ripoffs and "New HEI Hi-spark plus plus!" China special remanufactured/billet/aftermarket distributors for our classic Fords.

All I want is a distributor that my Pertonix magnet ring will actually friction-fit onto, and my OEM Motorcraft cap/rotor/points/etc will install with no trouble. Tired of proprietary aftermarket BS that isn't interchangeable, unreliable, and costs exorbitant amounts of money with no actual gain. There is no distributor on the market that meets this criteria, other than OEM!

Please let me know if you have one in good condition that you're willing to ship to OR, if you have Venmo that's a plus!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I think I have one in the back shed. I'll check

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,735 Posts
I have one from a '69 that has dual vacuum ports that I need to offload. Is that of any interest?

·
Registered
71 Posts
If the others can't help you I have a DOAF 12127, has 1 broken screw for the vacuum advance. $25 + shipping. also have some durasparks if they will work. Ron

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I found mine. The vacuum advance screw are broken, I am going to try and get them out. If I can, it should work well for you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one from a '69 that has dual vacuum ports that I need to offload. Is that of any interest?
Possibly, might be good to have one for my 69'. PM price?
Maybe consider a DuraSpark unit from Autozone
Don't know much about the DuraSpark, but i'll definitely look into it. Still would like an original dizzy on hand though!
If the others can't help you I have a DOAF 12127, has 1 broken screw for the vacuum advance. $25 + shipping. also have some durasparks if they will work. Ron
Good to know! Does the Duraspark you have include the ignition module, etc or just the dizzy?
I found mine. The vacuum advance screw are broken, I am going to try and get them out. If I can, it should work well for you.
Looks like the screws breaking is a common occurrence! PM me price and year for sure!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Yes the screws are small and made of soft steel. Screwing them into the aluminum body of the Dizzy leads to corrosion and then become stuck. Getting them out can be tough. But even if you have to drill them out and run a nut on the bottom, or a slightly larger screw, no real damage is done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts