Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just inherited the family's 1964.5 Mustang... I am brand new to the restoration journey... Looking for an OEM Horn Ring Retainer does anyone have one in the Dallas - Fort Worth area? Thank You.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Go check out National Parts Depot. I just bought this retainer from then and installed it last weekend. It worked fine on my original wheel, but was tight on my new repo wheel.

There is a lot to learn, both about the car itself and the special parts unique to the 1964 1/2, but it's a wonderful car to work on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Paul. I appreciate the suggestion. Would you have any other suggestion for sourcing future parts?

Joe

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you, Paul. I appreciate the suggestion. Would you have any other suggestion for sourcing future parts?

Joe
It's kind of an open ended question, and a lot would depend on your goals for the car.

If it is fairly original now, decide how much that matters to you, and if it does, then consider trying to repair/restore/preserve parts on the car, which you can do for many (not all). You'll want to decide if you care about parts made overseas - if that's fine, then you should be able to buy nearly every single part from parts catalogs like NPD. If not, you'll want to find other sources, maybe mustang specific swap meets, ebay, etc, to find NOS or good repairable original parts.

I'm starting from a gutted shell with a pile of highly worn parts, so I'm trying to preserve the ones I can, but am freely throwing away a lot of others (mostly suspension bits which I'm replacing, for example).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts