Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...color. Went to Wesco to get some touch up paint to start attacking the many chips and scratches, and it matches perfectly to a 1982 Ferrari color called (probably not completely coincidentally) Acapulco Blue.

For those of you keeping score at home. Ford's Acapulco Blue (aka Mercury's Nordic Blue) is the car's correct color.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously, I would have had to purchase a different car then! ::

Seriously, I'm not overly fond of red Cougars even when they originally came that way. The 67/68 Cats just don't look that good to me in red. *shrug*

http://home.comcast.net/~sjadelson/redcat.jpg

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Did you see the 69-ish convertible cat in M&F a month or two ago? Kind of a restomod IIRC. I thought that one looked pretty sharp in red. ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the 69 and 70 look much better in red. Post '70, they got those big honkin' grills, lost the headlight doors, and looked more like a 70s Lincoln. Completely unattractive in ANY color.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
That really was a beautiful Red Cougar....I thought that restomoding was the best thing you could do to that car ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
OOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOKEEEEEEE

It has white walls too! Gags. ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just 'cause you have a sharp (if intermittently running) convertible doesn't mean you have taste, Keith! ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
What's your definition of taste? Magnum 500's with white walls? ::

If that's it, I'll go tasteless. Thank you very much! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's your definition of taste? Magnum 500's with white walls? ::

If that's it, I'll go tasteless. Thank you very much! ::
No argument from me!