Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s stop the perpetually offended from sugar coating it by naming it after a fine beverage.
Is it some coincidence that the Spanish Flue, Sars and the latest plague all have it's origins in China?
Sars is thought to have originated from bats as did this one, you think they would have learned from that!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Let’s stop the perpetually offended from sugar coating it by naming it after a fine beverage.
Is it some coincidence that the Spanish Flue, Sars and the latest plague all have it's origins in China?
Sars is thought to have originated from bats as did this one, you think they would have learned from that!
I'd be more worried about why Canada hasn't restricted who can come into your country.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Getting ready to take a pretty hard hit from it. My wife and I are one of the investors in a recently opened local movie theater. We were supposed to vote on passing out our first dividend on profits at next meeting in April. Now it looks like we will be closing the theater for the next month per governor's request. Even if money isn't coming in, we still have to pay bills so there goes the celebration. For us, it is a LOT of money invested for several years without seeing a return.

By the way, here is the source of the panic:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be more worried about why Canada hasn't restricted who can come into your country.
We have, no non Canadian citizens allowed except US citizens . . . for now. That can change very quickly when the numbers of American affected gets to the point of endangering our people.
From what we have seen so far, the numbers in the US are growing expotentially.

·
Registered
417 Posts
We have, no non Canadian citizens allowed except US citizens . . . for now. That can change very quickly when the numbers of American affected gets to the point of endangering our people.
From what we have seen so far, the numbers in the US are growing expotentially.
Unfortunately they just started that today.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait, why do we need another damn thread on this?

Sorry kechke, but you’re going on the ingnore list. There’s a whole internet out there to discuss this. I prefer this place to be an escape from the non-stop craziness.
I suppose that the “head in the sand”approach “ will make it go away.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Round up the usual suspects!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I give it 4 days...

Allen

Not the virus, this thread...
Generous! One in a million chances it will last more than a few hours!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Getting ready to take a pretty hard hit from it. My wife and I are one of the investors in a recently opened local movie theater. We were supposed to vote on passing out our first dividend on profits at next meeting in April. Now it looks like we will be closing the theater for the next month per governor's request. Even if money isn't coming in, we still have to pay bills so there goes the celebration. For us, it is a LOT of money invested for several years without seeing a return.

By the way, here is the source of the panic:

Me too. The media induced panic is about to leave me unemployed. We just parked airplanes and management is requesting people to take VLOA. That’s the final step before furlough. I was at a pig show with over 5000 people today. Gosh.....hope everyone survives. Except the pigs of course. They never survive.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
And Ebola had its origin in Africa and MERS had its origin in Middle East. I guess you don't have a point.

Maybe you do actually, but were not aware. The cell receptor that some coronaviruses bind to to enter your cells is ACE2. It is expressed in lung and gastrointestinal epithelial cells, and is expressed at especially high rates in Asians. Ergo, they're apparently very susceptible to coronaviruses.

·
Just some guy
20,019 Posts
I keep seeing "the media" being blamed for this. I don't get it. When I turn on the news I would like to be informed of what's the latest information on the virus problem. Lots of people want that too so they cater to the market instead of reporting stuff like the latest head count of the King penguin population in the Antarctic. If you were in the news, what would be reporting on? IF you were trying for a successful career? Covid, politics, and money is what's drawing the crowds right now.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.