Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just like to talk science, and this thread is going everywhere from bread to media. I don't know what's happening.

To the above, my opinion isn't worth much. Really the only way to answer this accurately is with some good epidemiological models. Truth is I don't know what to do. We have to get this economy back on its feet, but we can't have the entire place turning into New York either.

I think the best answer is going to be hope for some good antivirals. I think vaccine is still too far off to be helpful. If we had a vaccine NOW, we could shut this entire thing down in three weeks.
Thanks for the feedback, and it makes complete sense. I was hoping you might have some insight that I had not heard yet, but I realize this is unprecedented in terms of the effect it is having on the entire world. There just isn't an easy answer to any of this.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Here's some food for thought/hope?

I ran across this article too, and I really do want to stay positive. In my opinion, what it gets wrong is that it doesn't take into account how different the US is vs. China from a cultural perspective. Furthermore, it gives more credit than I ever would to the accuracy of how China is reporting cases.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
The latest news is that since the Chineese gov has stopped live markets, the people are going on line.
Kentucky fried bats , free deilvery right to your front door
WTF, will these peole never learn!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just want to know where this "evil media" is. I want to see. It's not a dark web thing is it?
I'm sincerely curious GypsyR, so I don't want to ask a leading question. What news sources do you use? Do you follow national and international news on a regular basis?

Any "evil media" the American public perceives is not due to reporters reacting with glee each time something bad happens. The "evil" is an extreme political leftist bias we get in virtually every "establishment" media outlet.

I regret that this reply will be very political. I know how much you hate political discussions. So to make this fun as possible, here are some blatant examples of media bias from the latest "news cycle", but phrased in the manner of Jeff Foxworth's comedy shtick...

* If two Darwin Award nominees ingest 2 or 3 grams of koi pond algae killer, and then you run misleading stories implying that the unproven-but-promising anti-viral effect of Hydroxychlorquine are known to be false, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.

* If you accuse someone of being racist because they refer to the virus as the "Wuhan Virus" or "Chinese Virus", then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.

* If you think "Chinese" is a race, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist. A racist one.

* If you get to ask the President of the United States ONE question at a press conference during a world crisis and say, "There are some, at least one White House official, who used the term 'kung flu,' referring to the fact that this virus started in China. Is that acceptable? " but then have nothing to back up the assertion, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.

* If Congress passes a 2.5 trillion dollar relief spending bill (that will probably bankrupt the nation anyway), and you bury the huge amounts of leftist "pork" spending unrelated to the crisis, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm sincerely curious GypsyR, so I don't want to ask a leading question. What news sources do you use? Do you follow national and international news on a regular basis?

Any "evil media" the American public perceives is not due to reporters reacting with glee each time something bad happens. The "evil" is an extreme political leftist bias we get in virtually every "establishment" media outlet.

I regret that this reply will be very political. I know how much you hate political discussions. So to make this fun as possible, here are some blatant examples of media bias from the latest "news cycle", but phrased in the manner of Jeff Foxworth's comedy shtick...

* If two Darwin Award nominees ingest 2 or 3 grams of koi pond algae killer, and then you run misleading stories implying that the unproven-but-promising anti-viral effect of Hydroxychlorquine are known to be false, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.

* If you accuse someone of being racist because they refer to the virus as the "Wuhan Virus" or "Chinese Virus", then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.

* If you think "Chinese" is a race, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist. A racist one.

* If you get to ask the President of the United States ONE question at a press conference during a world crisis and say, "There are some, at least one White House official, who used the term 'kung flu,' referring to the fact that this virus started in China. Is that acceptable? " but then have nothing to back up the assertion, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.

* If Congress passes a 2.5 trillion dollar relief spending bill (that will probably bankrupt the nation anyway), and you bury the huge amounts of leftist "pork" spending unrelated to the crisis, then you might be a Leftist Hack Journalist.
Best thing I've read in days. Especially the Darwin award nominees. My thoughts when I heard that are just that.
I have a contact or 2 in the Great White North, and he says they're having good results with hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and zithromax up there. Yet, the FDA and CDC refuse to even consider it.
As to the last point, I did hear from someone, but never read anything in the news, that there was some anti-abortion nonsense also stuffed in there. All the people responsible for any and all pork nonsense added to that bill need to be taken out back for a good thrashing, and then fired.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
What really makes me mad.
Why are we not checking Ozzy Osbourne for the cure? He's eaten bat's raw. He must have some sort of immunity.
LOL.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
LOL, I get it now. Its so simple. Anything I disagree with, dont understand, misread or anything else someones says they didn't report is EVIL. Whew, what a relief. I was afraid it was about lying or plainly making stuff up.
The closest thing to "mainstream" mentioned MIGHT be Buzzfreed, that story must have been covered by dozens of better places, so tell us what you didn't understand or felt mislead you and I'm sure several could explain it more clearly to you.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
LOL, I get it now. Its so simple. Anything I disagree with, dont understand, misread or anything else someones says they didn't report is EVIL. Whew, what a relief. I was afraid it was about lying or plainly making stuff up.
The closest thing to "mainstream" mentioned MIGHT be Buzzfreed, that story must have been covered by dozens of better places, so tell us what you didn't understand or felt mislead you and I'm sure several could explain it more clearly to you.
Ma always said "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything".

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
If you hate freedom of the press and freedom of speech so much, move to China or Russia.

·
Just some guy
20,019 Posts
[Remark removed]
I do not hate politics. The rule against discussing them on a Mustang focused was in place long before I got here, I just spelled it out and made sure it was posted up where people could see it.
So unfortunately we've gone over the line and this will be closing.
My last word would be for everyone to continue keeping up with the news from sources you like or despise or whatever suits you. Lucky we are to have the choices.

Edit: My apologies. I put in what could be construed as a political opinion in this last post. If no one else can than I surely should not either. I removed my comment. Feel free to fire me, this job isn't much fun these days anyway.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.